Honored Contributor

Re: What Actress/Actor Would You Most Like to be Like? Who Do You Think You ARE Most Like?

Lauren Bacall or Katherine Hepburn

Honored Contributor

Re: What Actress/Actor Would You Most Like to be Like? Who Do You Think You ARE Most Like?

[ Edited ]

I'll second Doris Day because I love her voice and I could sing to myself every day. And being surrounded by dogs-what more could you ask? She was a doll in her day and sure does look good for being ninety something.

My mother looked like Olivia DeHavilland when she was young and my father looked like Dan Dailey. One time a teenager   left the waiting room of a dentist's office he was in and came back in 10 minutes with her autograph book!!! I don't know if he signed it but knowing my dad's sense of humor, probably. hahaha Oh, my grandmother looked like Fay Bainter-or I should say when I see Fay Bainter I think of her, not the other way around. When I was a kid I wanted to be Jane Powell. When I got older it was Rita Hayworth. My tastes were varied, lol.

I thought of Carol Lombard just for her sheer glamour but the story is too sad. I also thought of Claudette Colbert because I loved her so much. Gene Tierney was my favorite actress of all time but I want to be a blondeWoman Wink

Who do I look like now? I have no idea. Probably an older June Allyson, not at all sure.  But I'm probaly more like Betty Hutton-a nut!

Respected Contributor

My favorite would be Maureen O'Hara.  Now that's one actress who had both class and beauty.

Honored Contributor

None. I couldn't take the rejection they have to go through sometimes. Travel would be nice, but it's long hard hours. And, to remember all those lines? No thanks, not to mention the *ex scenes.......yikes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Louise Belcher on "Bob's Burgers".

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

norma shearer, (sp), rosalind russell, vivien leigh, ava gardner to name just a few. 

Honored Contributor

I admired Kathern Hepburn.  Back in the 80's I was told I looked a lot like Kathleen Turner ....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Lauren Bacall or Katherine Hepburn

@PINKdogWOOD  -  I had the good fortune to meet Lauren Bacall in FAO Scwhartz while Christmas shopping in NYC back in the '90's.  I was young, but knew exactly who she was and I think she was surprised by that.  She was lovely!  No one else was around and I'd wished I'd gotten a picture of us together.

Honored Contributor

I'll also submit a vote for Doris Days (with the exception of a couple of movies---Love Me Or Leave Me and Midnight Lace--- the rest of her movies were lighthearted and fun........and she wore fun fashion styles .......She got to work with Cary Grant, James Garner, David Niven  Heart.... and she loves animals too Cat Very Happy

I also like Ginger Rogers (she made some good movies without Fred Aistaire too)......

Of today's actresses wouldn't want to be any of them.......Woman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

If you're a Ginger fan watch Kitty Foyle!

I had TCM for years but found they were showing the same movies over and over. I have to pay Comcast extra for it.

To those who have TCM has the variety changed?