Respected Contributor

Re: What Actress/Actor Would You Most Like to be Like? Who Do You Think You ARE Most Like?

Audrey Hepburn: beautiful inside and out

The first adult movie I saw was "Roman Holiday''. I was seven years old. My mother saw it with my father on Sat. nite and took me and my friend. We went back twice. Was my mother's favorite movie and one of mine.

Later she was a humanitarian working for UNICEF. She'd be on Larry King wearing a big white shirt and no makeup. Like Grace Kelly died much too young. JFK dated both of them.

Respected Contributor

Re: What Actress/Actor Would You Most Like to be Like? Who Do You Think You ARE Most Like?

@SilleeMee wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I would like to be like Grace Kelly as well.  A beautiful actress and princess all in one.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee  -  And not to mention the killer charm bracelet she wore in Rear Window!  I'm on the hunt for a similar bracelet.Woman Very Happy

@IlliniGirl88,

Do you think her bracelet had real pearls and real gold? Probably cost a real fortune if it was all real!

@SilleeMee-  I don't know.  I could see it being made by one of the nicer costume jewelers for Hollywood (which still probably cost a lot), but also they could've spared no expense and made it with real pearls and gold charms.  Back in the fifties, it may have been affordable.  Ladies had huge gold charms on bracelets.  Several years ago, I was lucky to find a lot of big, vintage, gold charms for my real charm bracelet before gold prices soared.  I'm on a quest to rescue all those vintage charms.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

What?  No takers for Madonna or Bey??

Buhahaha.... sorry couldn't help myself.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Katherine Hepburn..................!

and a close second....Gene Tierney

Trusted Contributor

Audrey Hepburn. Elizabeth Taylor. Natelie Wood not a single actress today though. No talent anymore, and they're too egotistical. How many more award shows does Hollywood need?
Respected Contributor

Pam Dawber...because she's married to Mark Harmon! Smiley Very Happy

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

I had an aunt who was a dead ringer for Bette Davis. However my aunt was strikingly beautiful, which Bette wasn't.

When she went to Manhattan she'd get stopped for autographs. She's try to tell people who she really was but eventually gave up and sign them.

Many people would comment on her velvet skin and say she looked so much more beautiful in person.

I was with her once and we were checking into a hotel. They insisted on giving us a much better room. They thought she was using a fake name.

Trusted Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

I had an aunt who was a dead ringer for Bette Davis. However my aunt was strikingly beautiful, which Bette wasn't.

When she went to Manhattan she'd get stopped for autographs. She's try to tell people who she really was but eventually gave up and sign them.

Many people would comment on her velvet skin and say she looked so much more beautiful in person.

I was with her once and we were checking into a hotel. They insisted on giving us a much better room. They thought she was using a fake name.

@lavendar...Cool story, must have been fun!

Honored Contributor

I don't know if this sad or funny...lol

Respected Contributor

I think I would like to be like Ginger Rogers be able to dance my life away in high heels and beautiful gowns with Mr Astaire of course. - or DH if he could keep up!