Honored Contributor

What Actress/Actor Would You Most Like to be Like? Who Do You Think You ARE Most Like?

[ Edited ]

Just caught a second of Lana Turner emoting and looking breathtaking on TCM.

My examples will be from Old Hollywood, but any era is fine.

Actress I Would Most Like to Be Like:      Barbara Stanwyck-- Strong, shrewd, magnetic, intense.

Actress I'm Probably More Like:    Claudette Colbert--  Strong sense of the absurd, "light", as opposed to "deep",  maybe a bit fragile.

Honored Contributor

Re: What Actress Would You Most Like to be Like? Who Do You Think You ARE Most Like?

@Oznell- Have you never seen "Since You Went Away"? Colbert was anything but "light" in THAT movie.

Honored Contributor

y Re: What Actress/Actor Would You Most Like to be Like? Who Do You Think You ARE Most Like?

That's one of my favorites of all her films, violann.  Agreed, she's the backbone of her family there.

I guess I was thinking a bit more of an actor's overall persona, perhaps how the public sees them in their larger body of work.  Colbert strikes me as "light" in that sense, esp. in her more frivolous comedienne roles-- an "observer" personality perhaps rather than a "fearless doer"?

But you have a valid point.

Super Contributor

Re: What Actress/Actor Would You Most Like to be Like? Who Do You Think You ARE Most Like?

[ Edited ]

Would like to be like Doris Day!

Honored Contributor

Re: What Actress/Actor Would You Most Like to be Like? Who Do You Think You ARE Most Like?

I always admired  Greer Garson. I was just watching the old  " Pride and Prejudice "  movie , where she plays Elizabeth, and she is so charming, just the perfect Lizzie Bennet. As for who I'm most like, just me I guess.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd like most to be like Grace Kelly.  I would adore wearing all of those gorgeous 50's gowns and outfits.   Oh, and hanging out with Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart would be a bonus too.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I would like to be like Grace Kelly as well.  A beautiful actress and princess all in one.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I would like to be like Grace Kelly as well.  A beautiful actress and princess all in one.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee  -  And not to mention the killer charm bracelet she wore in Rear Window!  I'm on the hunt for a similar bracelet.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee  -  And not to mention the killer charm bracelet she wore in Rear Window!  I'm on the hunt for a similar bracelet.Woman Very Happy

@IlliniGirl88,

Do you think her bracelet had real pearls and real gold? Probably cost a real fortune if it was all real!

Honored Contributor

Not a single one out of the whole bunch................

♥Surface of the Sun♥