Valued Contributor

I have been watching this since it started at 8AM this morning. I'm streaming the YouTube telecast to my TV.  Although I am a cat person, I love dogs too. Some of the dogs are so amped up and focused, while others seem to be out for a good timeSmiley Happy. Some can run the whole course without any help/direction and take off like a bullet. One wonders how they know the correct order to go. Then some are so fast they stop and wait for their 'person' to catch up! This has been the most entertaining thing to watch since forever.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Westminster Agility Prelims

Part of preparing your dog for agility courses is that the handler has to know how and when to cue the dog to know where to go next. It can be where he/she stands, how they use their hands to point, call out the name of the equipment,etc. There is a lot of prep going into this. I took my dog for fun and he had a great time, but he hated to wait his turn and just wanted to get out there and go through the tunnels and jump. He started shaking in his kennel he was so focused on getting out and having his turn. A big part of this is the handler and the cues.