Contributor

Went to see David Cassiday on Saturday

Last Saturday night at our local Schuylkill County Fair in Schuylkill County, PA, David Cassidy performed!  It was like a blast from the past! He looks pretty good. It was a shame because he was trying to tell these stories and the microphones, etc weren't working right, something happened with his guitar, he must have been hot (it was in the 90's) because he kept wiping his face with a towel. Anyway, he sang some of the Patridge Family songs...Some of the Monkees songs...He said he was to work with Davey Jones and then Davey passed away so suddenly. Anyway for someone of my generation who grew up watching that show if you'd have told me 40ish years ago I'd see "Keith Patridge" in person, I'd have never believed it!

Honored Contributor

Re: Went to see David Cassiday on Saturday

He must be wondering...."How did I get here?  Why am I not more famous?"  I know I would think that...I guess at least he doesn't give up.

Valued Contributor

SWoon

Valued Contributor

That's awesome!  We loved the Partridge Family when we were young.  I had a humongous Crush on Sean Cassidy but I would be thrilled to see David.

Respected Contributor

In the early 70's between us girls it was like either David Cassidy or Bobby Sherman... I picked David Cassidy. My sister, three neighbor girls and I went to see him in Sarotaga Springs, New York... Oh, we were HOT in our hot pants overalls and our little tube tops - hahaha! - talk about a bunch of screamin girls!! He sang "I'll Meet You Halfway", and I do believe we practically just about tipped over onto the aisle in front of us reaching out to him ... yep - a real blast!!! We were just beside our selves for days... If not, months...

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

That's so awesome, @Detta!  I was a David girl too and still have some Partridge Family AND David Cassidy cd's (no vinyl though!)  I loved Davy Jones too and his death hit me pretty hard.  I saw the Monkees many years ago for their 25th anniversary tour and it was the thrill of my life!

Respected Contributor

How fun. I'm glad you had a good time. That must be frustrating for a perfomer to have all of the issues, but he's been doing this long enough it probably didn't faze him.

Honored Contributor

David is a known drunk and  has numorous DUI's. He was probably sweating as he is trying to stay sober to play his venues.... he has to make some kind of living  so he lives off his past fading fame and youth doing these shows or signing autographs at fairs.... as he has no real talent anymore other than abusing drugs.  He needs to get sober.  PERIOD. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was having a bad morning and one of my boyfriends - who introduced me to Bruce Springsteen, Pink Floyd, Todd Rundgren, ect. - put a Partridge Family album on ... the song he played was 'I woke up in Love this Morning'  ...

He used to give me a hard time about my music but that day we both had a big laugh.  

I loved his hair ... he would have fit in with the 80's hair bands !

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

David is a known drunk and  has numorous DUI's. He was probably sweating as he is trying to stay sober to play his venues.... he has to make some kind of living  so he lives off his past fading fame and youth doing these shows or signing autographs at fairs.... as he has no real talent anymore other than abusing drugs.  He needs to get sober.  PERIOD. 

I was thinking all these things with the earlier comment re: his career, and what happened to it.... Woman Frustrated I think he's got IRS issues also.