Super Contributor

Re: Wendy Williams revealed today

Wendy's domestic abuse problems are not new, they stem back to 2008. I had a friend who worked with her  when she was on the radio, and she's not a very nice person.  

But whatever, there's help out there for her if she wants it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mike Jerrick (the anchor) said it was a hospital near the station so I am thinking ..Temple or University of Penn. 

I will see if there is any more info on it. 

added- @Citrine1 , It doesn't say the name of the Hospital...just that they paid cash for the Hospital Stay and Delivery.

I guess she doesn't have insurance or more likely Kevin didn't want any proof or paper trail so he paid cash.

Valued Contributor

Wendy paid for themWoman Sad

Respected Contributor

I stopped watching her after she came back.  I have absolutely no empathy or compassion for her.  She is quick to judge and ridicule others but justifies what is going on in her own life.   She is a meal ticket to her husband.  What would happen to him if they divorced?  who would hire him?  Here is a woman who is financially independent and yet she stays with a man who is not only physically and mentally abusive, but flaunts his mistress in her face as well as in public. I mean really, who in their right mind would put up with this?  Years ago, when women were dependent on their husbands and had nowhere to turn they had to endure so much suffering.  Wendy is not in that type of situation, she can go and get on with her life.  I just cannot stand her judgemental attitude towards others, when she is in no position to judge or criticize anyone.  I hope she gets the help she needs.  She kind of reminds me of the woman in Dear John, where she justified everything and went through life with blinders on.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Wow!  Any idea which hospital in Philadelphia?  (just curious)

edited to add:  I have several friends who work in different Philadelphia hospitals.

@Citrine1 

Do you have one that works at Hahnemann University Hospital? whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @DREAMON .  I usually watch Good Day Philadelphia, but missed it today so I didn't hear Mike Jerrick say that.  

Oh, so it's Hahnemann......................  No friends there @Mz iMac .  

Respected Contributor

https://www.eonline.com/news/1026694/wendy-williams-husband-kevin-hunter-reportedly-welcomes-child-w... The mistress had a baby girl but the article said they don't know if Kevin is the father.
Honored Contributor

I remember a show several years ago when Wendy mentioned that the first time that she introduced Kevin to her parents that they didn't care for him. But she didn't care what they felt because she was crazy about him.

Wendy has serious problems and the main one is her husband. Despite her money and fame, she is very much an abused woman. We've all seen, read and discussed stories like hers for years.

Why doesn't she just leave?

Why does she put up with his cheating?

Why is she so weak?

Why is she an emotional wreak?

None of of us knows the answers to these questions and it isn't easy to get up and go. I don't care for Wendy but I wish her the best in her recovery and fighting her demons.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I remember a show several years ago when Wendy mentioned that the first time that she introduced Kevin to her parents that they didn't care for him. But she didn't care what they felt because she was crazy about him.

Wendy has serious problems and the main one is her husband. Despite her money and fame, she is very much an abused woman. We've all seen, read and discussed stories like hers for years.

Why doesn't she just leave?

Why does she put up with his cheating?

Why is she so weak?

Why is she an emotional wreak?

None of of us knows the answers to these questions and it isn't easy to get up and go. I don't care for Wendy but I wish her the best in her recovery and fighting her demons.

I did hear today that Wendy did not have her wedding on when she left the sober house, however she did have a ring on for the show but it was not the big one.  

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't wear that huge wedding ring in a sober house. I record her show everyday but lately except for Katie Couric the guests are people I don't know and it's more hot topics & fashion products. I don't know if the celebrities don't want to be on her show or they are just making it easier for her not to interview people while going threw this.