Honored Contributor

Re: Wendy Williams is at it AGAIN

When she is being discussed...she’s getting what she wants.

Why waste time discussing any part of what she said?

When I was in high school we had a saying, “Consider the source”.

That fits perfectly here.  It’s best to ignore before it gets even more traction.

Esteemed Contributor

I read what she said earlier this afternoon.  Have never watched her show. Don't know squat about her . She had a husband?  Who married that hateful witch?

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I read what she said earlier this afternoon.  Have never watched her show. Don't know squat about her . She had a husband?  Who married that hateful witch?

A conniving cheater who had a baby with another woman who he bought a house for with her money since he worked for her as her manager.  He made a fool of her in public.  The tabloids had a field day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

What has caused her to get her own show in the first place? I had never heard of her before.  Was she an actress or a singer? I've never watched her show.   

Near as I can tell, this behavior is what got her a show. According to Wikipedia, it looks like she was a radio host in the 90s who got famous by talking about her personal life and yelling at guests, which won her a reality TV show about her radio show. From there, they gave her a talk show.

It seems she's turned having OPD (Obnoxious Personality Disorder) into a career.

I've never seen her show and the only thing I know about her is that she keeps doing stupid things.

Honored Contributor

OPD!  That's good!  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

It grosses me out when she puts that Q tip in her nose. Why?

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

Wendy Williams was a comedian? When? I have only known her as a radio personality and a talk show host.  And yes, she needs to keep her trash mouth shut. Totally out of line.

@Krimpette wrote:

Somehow, some comedians seem to think that nothing is off-limits, since they are, afterall, "comedians".  They seem to feel everything is fair game.  Never liked her...like her even less now.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

She gets away with a messy trashy nasty life; she gets away with saying horrendously awful things about people, she gets away with being a bigot.  It all washes right off her back.  The network is OK with it all, the sponsors are OK with it all.  I assume her fans are OK with it.  She must have the highest ratings of any talk show on daytime TV.  Others who have said far less have lost their TV shows.  

I've never watched her show.  Who are her sponsors?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

OPD!  That's good!  Smiley Very Happy

Thank you, @chickenbutt. I cannot take credit for it - it's from an episode of Designing Women.

I heard it in the 90s and have used it ever since because, well,  it's really just perfect. isn't it? Smiley Happy

And wow, you can find just about anything online! Here's the scene where Allison tells the others that she has OPD.

Allison: There are many, many sufferers of Obnoxious Personality Disorder. It's such a sad story. Literally thousands of people have lost their friends, their jobs, even their husbands and wives simply because they're obnoxious. And there is also a very high rate of alcoholism.

Mary Jo: Among obnoxious people?

Allison: No, among their friends and relations.

Source: http://www.designingwomenonline.com/Episodes/Summaries/119.php

Esteemed Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

She gets away with a messy trashy nasty life; she gets away with saying horrendously awful things about people, she gets away with being a bigot.  It all washes right off her back.  The network is OK with it all, the sponsors are OK with it all.  I assume her fans are OK with it.  She must have the highest ratings of any talk show on daytime TV.  Others who have said far less have lost their TV shows.  

I've never watched her show.  Who are her sponsors?  

Now that’s a great question, @alicedee !  Since the only thing these people seem to understand is money, maybe boycotting her sponsors would get the message across.  I don’t watch her show, so I don’t know who her sponsors are - but I’m off to see if I can google it and find out.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett