Trusted Contributor

Re: Wendy Williams drunk, I hope this isn't true

I don't usually feel too sorry for these celebrities but I do feel bad for her dealing with all this guys cr*p in public.  Kick the jerk to the curb. I know, easier said than done, but at some point you just have to let it go for your sanity.

Honored Contributor

I've seen her show a few times.  I feel sorry for her but......she does make a living passing judgement on other people's bad decisions.  She had to have know this baby was on the way since apparently the rest of the world did.  I knew and I don't even follow her.  

Honored Contributor

Maybe the story is true, maybe not.  I read that her show is on hiatus...again...so we'll see.  I do know that alcoholism and drug addictions are diseases.  Whatever her marital situation is or is not...that isn't the cause for her substance abuse.  It might be the excuse, it's not the cause.  If she wants to recover, she has to work at it.  She has to put her health above everything else and that means before her talk show and before her marriage.  

Respected Contributor

@sissel wrote:

Wendy did say next week the show is on hiatus which is normal for the show to take a week off in spring. Maybe with the week off she will get some rest and hope what happens the following week she is to return. It will be reruns of her show. This is very sad for any marriage to go threw something like this and to be in the public eye is worse. I don't know how I could handle this if it happened in my family. Hope her parents are with her during all this. . 

She should stay home, clean house, take out the TRASH and then get ready for her return to her show in a week.Perhaps go shopping and get a makeover with a good REAL friend. Then start again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Her husband is her manager, and helped create her show; he is also an executive producer of the show.  I never watched it, but it's very successful, financially.  It brings in tons of advertising money.

I just hope she finally sees that she is not the only one being slowly destroyed by all this.  They have a 19 year old son together.  Hopefully she gets the help and support desperately needed.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I watched her show a couple of times but found it pointless and amazed that grown women could act that way....is her husband has fathered a child with a mistress and Wendy is an alcoholic, she needs to kick him to the curb if she has any chance at all at sobriety
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was no where in any kind of a relationship like Wendy, mine was being married to a man who used me as his punching bag after he had a few drinks.  The sad thing is that he was my second husband who I dated for two years prior to getting married, and he was the kindest, most gentle man any woman could wish for.  After four years I divorced him.  I thank my parents for raising me to have self worth, and strong enough to never allow anyone to hurt me.  I pray for all women who are mistreated by a husband or boyfriend that they find the strength to leave, no one deserves to be treated like garbage, no one.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think this is one big mess for her. Her husband is her manager and is a partner in her show. He has a mistress an now a newborn baby with the mistress. I couldn't imagine how overwhelming this must be for Wendy right now and a billion things going on in her mind. 

A messy divorce for sure. Betrayal, the humiliation and embarrassment, ect. I cant blame her for drinking. 

Staying with him i foolish though. She needs to get a great divorce attorney an kick this man to the curb. Women will respect her for kidding rid of that excuse of a husband.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18