Respected Contributor

Re: Wendy Williams drunk, I hope this isn't true

[ Edited ]

I have no idea who these people are but judging from what I've skimmed here, I'm not missing one thing.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ILTH wrote:

She's a disgusting hypocrite. Karma.

I think that is a really unfair comment to make.  While I have never been in an abusive relationship, I do know women that have been.  What we all see as the obvious is not what the abused, controlled woman sees.  Sadly, she is the last one to see it.  We think it is so easy to walk away.  He probably has her convinced that she can't.  Too many women put up with far too much for far too long.  Add addiction and infidelity to the abuse and you could not have a more perfect storm.  Since none of us are in her shoes, none of us have the right to judge.

If it was me, from where I sit, of course I would run, not walk, to the nearest divorce attorney.  It would have happened the first time he cheated.  So I say.  I have never been abused, cheated on, nor am I an addict.  I think it is much better to hope and pray she finds her way.  If she can break free from him, and deal with her demons, she could serve as a role model to many women.

Respected Contributor

Wendy did say next week the show is on hiatus which is normal for the show to take a week off in spring. Maybe with the week off she will get some rest and hope what happens the following week she is to return. It will be reruns of her show. This is very sad for any marriage to go threw something like this and to be in the public eye is worse. I don't know how I could handle this if it happened in my family. Hope her parents are with her during all this. . 

Respected Contributor

It takes all your strenth to do so .I 've been there. I almost didn't make it my health got really bad, but it took time to get healthy and strong again. Apparently she isn't strong right now. My prayers are with her.No judgement from me.

Honored Contributor

@GraceLady wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

She's a disgusting hypocrite. Karma.

I think that is a really unfair comment to make.  While I have never been in an abusive relationship, I do know women that have been.  What we all see as the obvious is not what the abused, controlled woman sees.  Sadly, she is the last one to see it.  We think it is so easy to walk away.  He probably has her convinced that she can't.  Too many women put up with far too much for far too long.  Add addiction and infidelity to the abuse and you could not have a more perfect storm.  Since none of us are in her shoes, none of us have the right to judge.

If it was me, from where I sit, of course I would run, not walk, to the nearest divorce attorney.  It would have happened the first time he cheated.  So I say.  I have never been abused, cheated on, nor am I an addict.  I think it is much better to hope and pray she finds her way.  If she can break free from him, and deal with her demons, she could serve as a role model to many women.

@GraceLady . Very well said!

Honored Contributor

I thought maybe this drinking relapse wasn't true but it was all over the news this morning and TMZ also reported it so I guess it is true. 

I hope she gets the inner strength to move on from this man..she doesn't need him but I am sure he needs/wants her for money. He is probably manipulating her ...who knows.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with you 100% @ILTH! She goes after people every chance she gets...but nothing about being drunk herself and having to go to the hospital for IV's to sober up, or her husbands new baby😏

She needs to dump the man she calls a husband and straighten out her life.

Esteemed Contributor

I think her husband might be her manager.  She seems to have a terrible dependency on him.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kelsey1995 wrote:

I agree with you 100% @ILTH! She goes after people every chance she gets...but nothing about being drunk herself and having to go to the hospital for IV's to sober up, or her husbands new baby😏

She needs to dump the man she calls a husband and straighten out her life.

What she did to Method Man's wife was despicable and had NOTHING to do with being in an abusive relationship.

Not to mention dragging all the others (Whitney Houston, who certainly was no saint, for example) she did through the years -- reveling in and profiting from all the lurid and/or salacious details or rumors about others, while never holding herself accountable.

I can't abide using drugs or being with a skank as an excuse for her behavior. She's a grown woman who knew what she was doing to others. 

Also, there's no rule that one person in a controlling relationship is bad and the other is good. Two lousy people can be in an abusive relationship. Being addicted to drugs doesn't, automatically, make you a good person in a bad place. You can be a bad person in a bad place, too.  There are crummy people, in addition to good people, who are addicted.
Not all "victims" are good people who just need to get sober or get out. You can have two creeps in a bad situation.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I think her husband might be her manager.  She seems to have a terrible dependency on him.  

I agree about her dependacy on her husband, her parents are elderly but I'm hoping that her siblings somehow intervene.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson