QVC Customer Care

Re: Wendy Williams Jokes About Cleft Palate

Honored Contributor

She has always been nasty . I can't watch her. This was a new low ,for even her. I am glad people called her on it, she shouldn't get away with most of the things she says

Respected Contributor

I watched the clip...what she said & did was thoughtless & dumb. She's issued an apology, donated money & encouraged  her viewers to learn more about cleft palates. A Canadian football player who was very upset about her comments accepted her apology, forgave her & encouraged others to do the same...his son had surgery for a cleft palate yesterday. 

Respected Contributor

Totally expected from a "train wreck".......

Esteemed Contributor

Wendy Williams (to me) is an unhappy person which is why she trades in gossip, pointing out the ugliness of others.  Basically, she's a jerk.

Honored Contributor

I've seen her show before.  I don't think she should be fired.

If she was in school.  The teacher would have a do a report of cleft lips and the operations and do an entire show about people having to deal with the emotional pain of having one.

There's more to it than just the way it looks.  It causes a lot of problems for infants sucking bottles, etc.

In a lot of countries dentists (especially from America) travel to them to perform the operation so they can lead a normal life.

https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefects/cleftlip.html

Again, I don't believe people should be fired for things like this.  You cannot 'infuse' a senstitivity/kindness gene into people. 

However, you can use her show to teach people (who might also be lacking in the senstitivity/kindness gene) a little something.

Esteemed Contributor

First, I said palate and should have said cleft lip.  Either way, she was out of line and stunningly ignorant.

My sister was born with a birth defect, double club feet. The Dr. told my parents usually that is accompanied with either cleft palate or lip.  Luckily. only her feet were affected.

I saw how cruel others kids were to her and I get even more livid when I see adults mocking someone who has to deal with any physical or mental challanges.

For all she went through, multiple surgeries, PT, teasing etc. my sister is 100x the woman Wendy Williams will ever be.  She has more patience and compassion for people  than anyone I know.

Honored Contributor

I can't believe anyone watches this woman.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

One of my friends had 3 sons all born with cleft palates. This was over 50 years ago. One baby had to be fed drop by drop from a turkey baster. It was so hard for her because she had 2 other  children to care for and it took forever to feed him

Her husband got part time jobs to help pay for the surgeries, because back then, insurance really didn't cover much for things like this

It angers me that she constantly attacks other people, and shows zero remorse for doing it

I honestly think all she got was a slap on the wrist.. and I don't wish her ill, but , she really needs to get help, if she can't control herself on air ,any better than this

Honored Contributor

Most of these beat down threads, I refused to participate in because they are just plain mean and wrong but Wendy Williams is truly a mean spirited person and I'm happy to give my two cents.

'Hurt people, hurt people'.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)