Honored Contributor

Re: Wendy Williams Jokes About Cleft Palate

@esmerelda wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

I have watched her show for years but there is a definate schism between her original episodes and those aired after her husband's mistress finally surfaced in the mainstream.  

I liked her original show and to use her words, it was messy but always fun.  Now it has become all about name dropping with her new friends and less about what made her show so much fun in the beginning.

What she said/did about Joaquin Phoenix was beyond the pale once she lifted her lip to indicate a cleft palate.  She is so, so touchy about her personal life since her split with her husband and if anyone did something similar to this to her son she would have torn them a new one.

She has changed with her "new life" which I wish her as anyone that has gone through a divorce/break up but she deserves all of the grief she is getting for that segment of her show as it was juvenile and gross.

@momtochloe Maybe her syndicators will see the difference in her earlier shows and now that you have seen and not renew her when current contracts are up. 

Hi @esmerelda !  Her ratings must be holding up because she just announced they renewed her show for I believe another four years.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I don't watch her, but the little I've seen of her in the news, she is not my cup of tea.

But, you've also got to wonder about those in the audience that would laugh? 

What kind of people are THEY?

Respected Contributor

I used to enjoy WW's monologue, but things I'm reading about her now have me pulling away--far away.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PhilaLady1, notwithstanding WW's crass pulling up of her lip, whether one is considered "very handsome" or "oddly attractive" is a subjective thing.

The fact that WW considers Phoenix oddly attractive is a non-issue, and that's not what people are beefing about. There are a number of men who, though they don't have what are considered to be classically handsome looks, I (and others) find attractive.

As for Phoenix, I don't find him handsome--very or oddly--at all. And there's nothing wrong with that.

What worries you masters you.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Moonlady 

Understood.  I'm just saying that I always thought that he is, well, hot.