Respected Contributor

Re: Wendy Williams Faints On Live TV

I think she hardly eats anything. She is 53yrs and wants the body of a 20yrs old. Don't we all but she drools when talking about food. Watch when she has a dress on (knee level) she has toothpick legs. Let's watch her show tomorrow & she will talk about it. 

Honored Contributor

I still work, so I don't see the Wendy Williams show, but why is she trying to lose so much weight? I never thought she was that overweight. She is a bigger woman and big boned, so if she gets too thin, she won't look right either. Why not just exercise, eat healthy and get those ridiculous implants taken out? What rumors about her husband??? 

Valued Contributor

She needs to leave her husband for her own health.  Or quit claiming she's a strong woman.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

The article I posted said it was from the heat of her heavy costume.

Which is something I always think about for those that dress up in costumes for their jobs - like Disney characters (in that FL heat), many mascots for pro baseball teams in hot/humid climates.  I know many of these have multiples of the same characters that duck in and out of buildings to swap with their replacement for a break but how they don't end up dehydrated is beyond me.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One summer I took a foreign language class at George Washington University and lived on R Street in the District.  I walked the 12 (?) blocks back and forth to class everyday for several weeks.

Since I was renting a bed/sitting room in a rooming house, I had no access to a kitchen and did not nosh when at home.  I was young and watching my weight, so on one hand, I was happy to not eat much.  

One evening, a fellow renter (a lovely older, from-Italy Italian man who was a hairdresser at the Elizabeth Arden Salon on Connecticut Ave.) and I were going off to get an evening meal at a nearby restaurant.  As we crossed the street, I nearly fainted.  Since he had taken on the role of my protective father while I was alone in the "big city," he insisted that I eat more.  I obliged and did not feel faint again.

And yes, I did have some stress at that time, but nothing to compare to what Ms. Williams has now with a roaming husband, as I've read.  

Could be, as someone noted, a blood sugar thing from not eating enough.

Honored Contributor

I heard she fainted but didn't know anything about it.  I also saw that she has lost a lot of weight.  I didn't realize she was trying.  I thought it was from stress regarding all the stories now about her husband/her marriage.

Valued Contributor

Yes, Wendy is ridiculously thin trying to hold onto a figure she believes is attractive.  She needs a good work up from her doctor and someone to teach her nutrition and how to eat correctly. I, too also, believe she needs to take out those implants that she has had in her for many years.  That can’t be good for her health.  I think this was God’s way of telling her something.  I think she should listen. 

Honored Contributor

Wendy looks thinner each week. I only watch occasionally when I have a day off but it is definitely a noticeable weight loss. If TV puts weight on.....she must be extremely thin in person.

Esteemed Contributor

That was a strange fainting spell.  She didn't go down fast and they look on her face was odd.  I'm not sure why she stayed in that costume after overheating.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with those who have said dieting may be to blame, at least in part. Sure, that costume may have been hot but it’s also true that lately Wendy looks like a bean pole with two cantaloupes on top. It’s apparent she is on a strict diet.

Years ago, when I was a Weight Watchers leader, we were required to test a new program that was severely limited in calories. I remember getting up from my desk at work and feeling like I was about to pass out. Fortunately, I was able to grab my desk and steady myself but I knew right then and there that I had been starving. Needless to say, I refused to continue participating in that experiment. Women on TV and in movies are under immense pressure to be thin. My daughter had a friend in TV and she told my daughter that she and everyone else in the media just don’t eat.