Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to Plathville, is anyone still watching?

I think she also wore the pants in that family.  It is interesting to see how Moriah and Olivia are venturing out into the world, doing things that were incomprehensible to them just a few years ago.  I am not sure Olivia and Ethan are going to make it........... 

Esteemed Contributor

I've come to dislike Olivia.  Not because she was pole dancing; I don't know what it is exactly that bothers me about her.  

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 :  Originally I felt very sorry for her and her situation with Ethan's family.  Good for him in trying to save his marriage and listen to her about moving away from Cairo even though he really didn't want to move.  I think she wants everything her way and blames everything on "communication".  Her patience with him and his "hobbies" is over the top IMHO.  Both of them are very stubborn, so I really don't see their marriage working.  It's sad to see.  I found it interesting that he didn't want to tell Olivia any details about his parents "pending divorce"......cannot figure that one out unless he thinks she will be happy to see something happen to them after the incidents with their intereaction with his parents.  Just me musing..............

Honored Contributor

Olivia seems like a Kim 2.0. I still do not trust Kim no matter how much she claims to have changed. I'm glad Ethan's suspicious of her. I think Michah's becoming a bit full of himself lately JMO.

Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Citrine1 :  Originally I felt very sorry for her and her situation with Ethan's family.  Good for him in trying to save his marriage and listen to her about moving away from Cairo even though he really didn't want to move.  I think she wants everything her way and blames everything on "communication".  Her patience with him and his "hobbies" is over the top IMHO.  Both of them are very stubborn, so I really don't see their marriage working.  It's sad to see.  I found it interesting that he didn't want to tell Olivia any details about his parents "pending divorce"......cannot figure that one out unless he thinks she will be happy to see something happen to them after the incidents with their intereaction with his parents.  Just me musing..............

I think he needs time to come to grips, with his parents news. He probably talked about it, in the house, instead of the front yard.

Respected Contributor

I think Ethan and Olivia got married without really knowing each other. 
Ethan needs to work through his issues of avoiding conflict. 
And Olivia acts more like his mother than his wife. 

i don't think their marriage will survive. 

Trusted Contributor

I've just started watching this show. I'm just wondering why the Mom wants a divorce. Has she given her kids any reason? Also, a dance instructor? Was she a dancer at some point in her life?
Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sapphiregal wrote:
I've just started watching this show. I'm just wondering why the Mom wants a divorce. Has she given her kids any reason? Also, a dance instructor? Was she a dancer at some point in her life?

@Sapphiregal  Kim claims to have been a former professional ballerina but IMO she's embellishing her story in hopes of having a successful dance studio. I don't believe she could join a professional dance company straight out of college, especially since she got married around that time and began having multiple children immediately. However she does have some sort of dance/music degree.

Honored Contributor

Hi!  It's me..Annabelle hiding in the corner with my hand up!

Yes!  I'm watching it!  It's a little like watching paint dry...😜

I think that mother is going thru a mid-life crisis.

I hate saying that.  But I keep wondering what makes her think she is a ballet teacher?

I'm trying to see the earlier episodes of this show....hoping she once was a ballet teacher.

I dreamed of becoming a 'go-go' dancer.  I wanted to star in my own show (like Laugh In).

I'd be in my white go-go boots...a skinny little thing..doing the 'pony, mashed potatoes' tearing things up!

But reality set in....(the part of me being the skinny little thing) and I realized (like the mom in Platville) that ain't a gonna happen.

Please, somebody tell me, was she previously a dance teacher....or...is she going to FIRST take dance lessons...then teach.

I was hoping I didn't have to watch earlier episodes to find out.

Please, someone tell me..was she a former dance teacher or...does she first have to take dance lessons.then teach?

Honored Contributor

Glad to see you posting @Annabellethecat66. I've been watching. Tonight's the 2 hour season finale. Kim's no dancer that I'm aware of. I'm very curious as to whether or not Barry and Kim will divorce. Olivia posts pics of her and Ethan over in Europe so I guess they are getting along for now.