Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to Plathville, is anyone still watching?

@colliemom4 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I know a reality show could have been made about my dysfunctional family....I can relate to the mess this family is.  Probably many of you also come from dysfunctional families too. It all comes down to the mighty dollar. What is the price you set to air your dirt laundry to the world.

Olivia said Kim and Barry both said they wanted nothing more to do with Ethan and wouldn't let her or Ethan see their siblings unless they participated in the show so they agreed. So I don't know if they really wanted to appear on it yet TLC insisted if they were to have a show they wouldn't do it unless they participated. I read some of this in People magazine. My family was dysfunctional though they changed a lot through the years. Many have passed on.

@colliemom4   Did you hear Olivia say last night, that Kim, at one point, had Ethan's credit card and would charge on it.  Ethan told Olivia he didn't know how to change the password, so she changed it, and that was the first time Kim screamed at her and slammed the door, thus the beginning of this saga.

Apparently, Olivia came into Kim's family when she was sixteen, don't know if she lived there, and Olivia loved Kim and thought of her as a Mother figure as her Mother wasn't available to her, and she very badly needed a Mother.  What do you think of this?  Olivia was choking back sobs while telling this.

@mousiegirl  Yes I heard that. I of course find it awful but do think there's something way off with Kim. That's not an excuse for her treating Olivia like that. It's all very sad.

@colliemom4   I didn't know until I read it here today, that Olivia has an issue with her body, and I was thinking last night when I saw her dangling her legs on the pier, what great legs she has, I see no body issue, but then it is always in one's own mind, but I wonder where she ever got the idea there was something wrong with her body, maybe her family, being so restrictive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Olivia posted these on social media.

image.png

Honored Contributor

image.png

Honored Contributor

image.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66   I just saw this and have been wondering how you have been the last couple of days.  It makes me happy to see your posts on the forum.  I hope you are continuing to recover.  We miss you🌷

RE:  The perils of Plathville

I have wondered about the drama in this family and how it relates to the extremist views they had as members of No Greater Joy Ministries.  I won't say much here, but  a child raised with their views on child training will have extreme difficulties in life.  This might explain the bizarre behavior of Olivia who was also raised in the same pedagogy.  This similar background created a bond between Olivia and Ethan, however dysfunctional...they were both exposed to the same insanity.

If Kim and Barry could have taken responsibility for the choice to raise their children with  No Greater Joy Ministries ethics and reflected on the impact this decision had on their children as well as their own choices, there might have been some recovery.  I think the unfortunate results are being playing out for the audience to witness.  

Super Contributor

I’ve watched this show since it first came on. I never miss it! Kim lives rent free in Olivia’s head.....
Honored Contributor

Does Kim already have a new man?

image.png

Honored Contributor

Olivia and Ethan just got back from spending 3 months in Europe. Now she's promoting vibrators online. I've seen other reality show cast members to it but I didn't think she would. Maybe they're poor now lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

Olivia and Ethan just got back from spending 3 months in Europe. Now she's promoting vibrators online. I've seen other reality show cast members to it but I didn't think she would. Maybe they're poor now lol.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this.  Some people will do anything for a buck.