Honored Contributor

Welcome to Plathsville On TLC update to previous thread

[ Edited ]
60549C70-4F6B-4C63-A44C-74F9D2617AC3.jpeg9DB0FE4A-B882-411D-B622-ABF2F8A1F832.png

ANYONE WATCHING THE NEW SHOW WELCOME TO PLATHSVILLE ON TLC

Anyone watching this new season?  I find it interesting in an entertaining type of way. Two more of the children have moved out ( were kicked out) of the family home from being under the parents strict rules of parenting. The one daughter kicked out is only 17. 

None of the children who left the parent's home are talking to them. A lot of anger and bad feelings.  The oldest son,who is married,pretty much cut off any relationshipF78ECCC9-1033-4B9B-8842-47F1636C037E.png with the parents as they do not respect his wife at all.

one thing for sure is the genetic pool for good looking kids was given to these parents!  All the kids are beautiful.  They all are so blond and pretty they look like Twilight zone  children!😄 reminds me of the movie Villiage Of The Damned with scary pretty children38AF80B7-7A30-4C57-913F-69EA74900B00.jpeg

For some reason the photos are not downloading correctly....some kind of "glitch"

Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to Plathsville On TLC update to previous thread

@SeaMaiden I keep seeing this show advertised but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

I watch so much TV (with my back I can't do much else) I can't fit everything in.

I like to think I watch a good cross-section of fake reality TV and regular entertainment shows.

Thanks for the well written synopsis of this show.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   try to watch it from the first season to the present one.  You will see the family dynamics better on how the discord has come to a head between the older children and their parents

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I watched it last season which was the first season. It is interesting and the kids are beautiful. However I can't stand the mom. I read that the older kids no longer wanted to follow their parents beliefs so the parents thought they'd pitch the idea for a show to TLC and that's how it all got started.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden 

I saw this program for the first time a few week ago. In some ways, it is not uncommon for children to rebel and strike out on their own. But, these children were so restrained from the real world outside of their door.

The parents are so hurt and the children are too. The parents thought they were doing what they could to protect their children from the "evil" world, but as the kids said, as a result of how they were raised, the parents did them a large disservice.

It's not uncommon.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no interest in watching those crack-pot parents! I applaud the kids for getting away from their parents! The kids seem much more stable, nice, and balanced - compared to those nasty parents. 

Honored Contributor

The parent's beliefs are cultish. I'm glad to see the kids break free as well.

Honored Contributor

The interesting fact about the parents is that when they were young  both of them were wild and carefree... partying and drinking etc. Then when she met him, he had cleaned up his behavior prior to their meeting and converted her from her "wild ways" to his cult religion.  Then they decided that their children would be brought up different from their bringing up.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I didn't watch last night, but have watched in the past.  I understand wanting to protect one's children, but it is not reasonable to not prepare them for the world.

Parents around here have their children in private schools, but I chose public as I am a bit over protective, and wanted DD to learn about people from different backgrounds who would prepare her for the world she is to live in.

Respected Contributor

I just started watching this show, reminds me of the Duggars in a way. I can only imagine being sheltered then coming into the real world would be a huge challenge. Just trying to make friends in the real world and don't know much about computers, music or anything that a young adult should know. The older girls know about makeup they do a great job with that, suprised the parents allowed them that. Does anyone know what the Dad does for a living? Wonder if he works outside the home. Their new house is nice.