Honored Contributor

Wednesday 9/21/2016 Big Brother 18 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

The end is here! After all the preseason speculation on who the house guests would be. The speculating if BB would be stupid enough to keep the sand in the bathroom. Then finally seeing the house guests and the returnees. Then the slow but steady thinning of the herd, we're now down to the final three and tonight one of them will be crowned the winner.

Paul and Nicole will fight it out tonight in the final part of the HOH comp and one of them will emerge victorious. If Paul wins all indications are he'll take Nicole. If Nicole wins she'll likely take James but she's still waffling about it. Is she doing that for production so they'll have waffling footage, as she's done much of the season, or is she seriously considering taking Paul? She admitted last night that she'd vote for Paul over her and that he has to know she'd be stupid to take him over James. That makes me think she'll take James and is just providing waffling footage for production, but who knows what will happen. Paul has been selling the loyalty thing hard.

Tonight we'll get all of the answers to the remaining questions. One of these three will be named the winner. My money is on whoever wins part three of the HOH comp being the winner. If Paul wins part three he should win BB. If Nicole wins and takes James (as I think she will) she should win. Though she may not win. Nicole made a lot of enemies of the jurors and backstabbing Paul at the very end could cost her Paul's and Victor's votes.

By the way, we learned last night that the jurors do a preliminary vote with the final three to see who would win in various combinations and Cody would have beaten Victoria 7-2 according to Nicole. I think that is part of the reason why she's taking James. He's her Victoria. 

Well, it's been a fun year with lots of interesting stuff going on. Now we have a whole week off before the new season starts. Big Brother Over The Top could be a lot of fun with the house and the fall holidays. I think Halloween could be especially entertaining. We should be meeting the new cast in the near future and it'll be interesting to see how, if any, they're different with a new casting guy doing the casting.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: Wednesday 9/21/2016 Big Brother 18 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Thank you Gardenman!  Every year I look forward to your excellent recaps. Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Great recap, although I can't wait for your summary tomorrow as I probably will not be able to stay up to see the finale tonight.

I agree that if Nicole has any chance of winning, she will need to take James because I think Paul will win if he is F2.

Will you be recapping the new season?  I'm still trying to decide if I want to get All Access.

Super Contributor

Gardenman,

Thank you for another great season of entertaining, well-written recaps! You definitely make the show more fun to watch than not having your recaps to read and watching the show and reading BB sites alone!

Dr. Kelli, I'm still debating as well on whether or not I'll get On Demand.  I still wish it was actually on TV after one of the CBS shows bombed versus online only.  Will it be under On Demand on TV or only accessible via computer? I'm guessing the latter unless we're able to hook up All Access to our TVs somehow?

Frequent Contributor

Thank you Gardenman for all of your updates this season.  You make even the most boring seasons, interesting.  Here is to hoping Paul wins it all - friendship -

Respected Contributor

I think you might be able to do it if you have a Roku or other streaming device.  I know I have HBO Go on my roku as well as my ipad.

Valued Contributor

Thank you Gardenman for all your updates.  First thing I read when I get up in the morning.  Hoping Paul wins and takes James but doubt it.  Looking forward to a new cast.  

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Great recap, although I can't wait for your summary tomorrow as I probably will not be able to stay up to see the finale tonight.

I agree that if Nicole has any chance of winning, she will need to take James because I think Paul will win if he is F2.

Will you be recapping the new season?  I'm still trying to decide if I want to get All Access.

I'm planning to do the same with Big Brother Over the Top as I do with Big Brother. We'll see how it goes. And you can watch CBS All Access on your various devices including your TV's if you've got a Smart TV or a streaming box/device of some sort. I have a Fire TV Stick and it lets me watch both the live feeds and other CBS All Access programming through it.

According to CBS they'll have the Wednesday show available On Demand 24 hours after it airs and there are also reports of a daily update show, but I don't know when or where they'll air that. It might only be on CBS All Access, or it may end up On Demand also.

If this is a good cast and gets good word of mouth going (big ifs) I wouldn't be at all shocked to see CBS sneak it back on the air. They're already putting it up against their "Code Black" show on Wednesday nights. (Both air at ten PM.) Their Thursday night ten PM show "Pure Genius" is airing against "The Blacklist " and "How to Get Away with Murder" so I don't think "Pure Genius" will get good ratings. We could see BB slid in to replace "Pure Genius" which TV Guide's Matt Roush describes as "utter tedium" or "Code Black" which they're already putting it up against should either of those tank badly.

At the very least I wouldn't be shocked to see a CBS Big Brother special for Halloween or Thanksgiving if the casting is decent.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks so much, @gardenman, for all of your daily updates and regular input, and everybody else for your updates and input.  I've enjoyed them so much and look forward to next season.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if Nicole could win taking James to F2. Paul told her last night, in no uncertain terms, that if she backstabs him again she won't have his vote and probably not Victor's. He said if she told him upfront, that would be different, but to backstab him again would lose his vote.

James would certainly have Natalie's vote which means he'd need two more--possibly Bridgette and Michelle. Yeah, I'm as confused as ever, and pretty happy I don't actually care who wins this year. Last year I was sure I didn't want Vanessa to win and certainly not Liz. This year it's a toss up.