Respected Contributor

Re: Wayfair and other awful ads

The Haribo candy commercials with the adults talking like little kids make my skin crawl, can't turn the channel fast enough.

Trusted Contributor

Ads with people screaming.

There was a recent Jack in the Box (fast food restaurant) ad where a woman screams "We've got a 'something'" - I can't even understand the last word. Horrible.

There's one I just muted where a woman is screaming on a car test ride.

I just hit MUTE!

Trusted Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

The Haribo candy commercials with the adults talking like little kids make my skin crawl, can't turn the channel fast enough.

And on the flipside - ads where kids are talking like aduts making executive decisions.

Honored Contributor

The Mutual Insurance ad where the supposed doctor is telling us that we may be missing important benefits from Social Security and to call them immediately to make sure we're covered.  It makes it sound as though we might be missing some benefits from the government!!  It's actually a commercial selling additional insurance~!  Which any of us can do at any time with any insurance company, it's called supplemental insurance.  Jeeze, can't stand it.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

The Arby's commercials because I too hate to be screamed at, any commercial about body functions.  Yes we all have them and I think most of us know how to use toilet paper and tampons.  And on local stations when they use a family member, usually a young child, that screaches out something that you can't decipher.  I miss the old Budweiser commercials with beautiful music and animals.

Respected Contributor

I can't grab the remote to mute the Figi (bottled water) commercial fast enough!  Ugh, there is about a ten year old girl speaking extreme baby talk for the duration.  Makes no sense to me, but I will buy Dasani or some other water before I would ever buy this brand.  

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Liberty Mutual Car Insurance ads. Specially the one about the car named Brad. But they're all annoying, every last one of them.

@shaggygirl  I hate to break it to you but Brad has been back the past few days.  I can't stand their commercials.

If you smash you car into a tree or ditch you deserve a rate hike, especially if you have just left the car lot.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I pretty much dislike most commercials and usually change the channel when they come on. The problem is sometimes I forget what I was looking at and miss parts of a show! Lol!

I don't like the Haribo commercial(annoying)

I don't understand why Rx drug companies advertise to the public. Doesn't my doctor know which drugs to use? These commercials just make me know which ones I don't want after hearing the side effects and don't forget the lawyers telling you to call. The toilet paper with the bears(tacky) always reminds me of the saying, " does a bear sh*t in the woods." The liquid Plumr commercial, plumber's crack(crude). Just all the ones that are repeated over and over again; life and car insurance, life lock, acorn stairlift, etc., etc.

I also think that most of the commercials that show young couples/ families with big new homes, new furniture, cars and "things" are unrealistic for many and contribute to keeping many in debt.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The drug ads are terrible. Other countries don't do this. Those ads should not be permitted. Then there are the relatively new ads for Fabreze (I think) where they talk about stinky bathrooms and couches. Sheesh! Instant clicking of the remote!

Respected Contributor

The Allstate commercial with the guy getting his chest waxed....his voice and the way he is says " guaranteeeeeee" .......I can't get to the remote fast enough UGH ):  stupid.