Honored Contributor

Watching the new Mary Poppins

I love most Disney films.  This is 2 hrs, 20 min.  I always loved the songs the two brothers use to do for Disney films.  Well here goes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Watching the new Mary Poppins

@qualitygal   Please come back and let us know how you like it.  I've thought about watching that movie if it's on Amazon or Netflix.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

We went on a Disney cruise and Richard Sherman was a guest speaker. He was so interesting. It was before the movie Saving Mr Banks was released.

I really admire his wit and candor. He spoke for well over an hour and played songs I do not remember hearing. Like a song, he was talking about writing a song for Wonderful World of Color. Well he also wrote a song for Wonderful World of Black and White. He said they wrote that because when the show first aired most people did not have a color TV. They were watching the show on their B&W TV.

I did not watch the new Mary Poppins. The new batch of revival movies do not appeal to me. Maybe I will get around to watching it. Hope you enjoyed it.

Honored Contributor

I liked it better then the first one

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I adore Emily Blunt.  But after 1 hour, I Ipulled out.  It was cute and if I hadn't seen the first one,I might have liked this one better.  I really liked the music in the first one.  @NickNack 

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I adore Emily Blunt.  But after 1 hour, I Ipulled out.  It was cute and if I hadn't seen the first one,I might have liked this one better.  I really liked the music in the first one.  @NickNack 

Thanks for letting me know @qualitygal .  I had wondered about the music.  I loved the music in the original movie.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I watched this on Netflix on Saturday. Although it was entertaining it can't hold a candle to the original ( one of my favorite movies). Everyone aged except Mary ( yes I get she is ageless), but no one noticed she looked a little different?!!!

Trusted Contributor

I haven't seen it. Once I heard that there was a rap song (sorry Lin Manuel Miranda - there ARE other types of music), I just couldn't. I sounded like Tom Hanks, "There's no rap in Mary Poppins!"

Honored Contributor

I saw it in the theater the day after it came out last December. I loved it..

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@qualitygal   Please come back and let us know how you like it.  I've thought about watching that movie if it's on Amazon or Netflix.

@NickNack  Watching Mary Poppins Returns on Netflix now with DH...great movie! It reminds me of the good ole' days when fabulous musicals were still common.