Respected Contributor

Re: Watching one of the "Alien" movies on SY FY channel. Love those, space movies too.

I loved all of the Alien movies, but I found the "science" presented in Alien Resurrection fascinating. I remember reading an interview of Sigourney Weaver, when that movie was being promoted, just prior to release. Sigourney said something to the effect of, "The two most amazing moments of my life were when I gave birth to my son and when I made that basket in one attempt during filming."

Sigourney was told prior to filming her basketball scene with the crew members of the spaceship not to worry about making that seemingly impossible long distance shot, because they had a machine to make a basket from a far distance that they could use. Sigourney, being an athlete, practiced basketball prior to filming that scene. Then, on the very first take of that basketball scene, she actually made the shot, herself, no machine needed. She asked the director if he got it on tape, and he did! I just love knowing that. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Watching one of the "Alien" movies on SY FY channel. Love those, space movies too.

They certainly stand the test of time! We also re-watch them...and I still get jumpy and scared even though I've seen them multiple times.