Honored Contributor

Every now and then, I go in and look ahead, and record some shows when I just can no longer take regular t.v.  Love the old movies.  I've begun to wonder when I watch these, if it's something my mother might have seen.  

Super Contributor

Re: Watching a show from TCM

The old movies are theeee BEST, aren't they!   A couple of my very favorites are "Random harvest" & "Primrose lane".  Have you seen either of these?   I agree with that old saying......They don't make 'em like they used too!

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Every now and then, I go in and look ahead, and record some shows when I just can no longer take regular t.v.  Love the old movies.  I've begun to wonder when I watch these, if it's something my mother might have seen.  

@qualitygal

TCM is my favorite channel! I love the old movies and no commercials! Like you, I often think of my dad and know that he'd seen many of these movies. I find myself looking at the year it was made and thinking dad was only this age at this time. I don't know why but It sort of comforts me seeing something I know he'd seen when he was a teen or young man.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

TCM is one of my favorite escapes. Great old films, no commercials, and no depressing news. I often talk to my 96 year old mother about the movies I’ve seen. I think I like them more than she does. I love to watch the old fashions, how people escaped their troubles through 1930s films, how films changed after the censorship codes were enacted, and how risqué they were before that. It’s also fascinating to see what values were portrayed generations ago. Some of the old films are embarrassingly racist and sexist but it’s important to know about how things used to be.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the old movies too!  I find myself recording them more and more and then just enjoy at my leisure.  When I put on a good old black and white movie, I almost feel myself slip into that era.  There's nothing like it!

Honored Contributor

I’m watching some of these movies for the first time.  Many actors and actresses I don’t recognize when they were very young. It’s a treat.