Honored Contributor

Watching a Jimmy Stewart movie 1951

[ Edited ]

I miss his movies. Always good stories. (Of the heart). Glynnis Johns and Marlena Dietrich are in it too. I've never seen it before. I do miss his movies. To clarify: NO HIGHWAY IN THE SKY, is the name of the 1951 film. There, that's better.

Anyone else? Who might some of you miss? Their movies?

New Contributor

Re: Watching a Jimmy Stewart movie 1951

I haven't seen that one I definitely need to look that one up. Thank you. Myself I'd like to see more Gene Tierney pictures. I love The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
I'm a longtime fan of Jimmy Stewart and movies of the 30s, 40's, and 50s. My daughter adored him, after having seen "It's a Wonderful Life." On a trip to LA, my daughter, in her early 20s at the time, discovered that Jimmy would be having a book signing at a book store in the city. She rearranged her schedule and waited on a long line to buy his book and meet him. She got someone to take her picture and it's in a prominent place in the
house. All I remember is that when she came home, she screamed, "I met George Bailey!
I met George Bailey!" That was the main character's name in "It's a Wonderful Life."
Respected Contributor

One of the best in old Hollywood. Love the westerns he made in the 50's. Great stories and action w/o all the gratuitous things in today's productions. 

Honored Contributor

CUTE STORY!! :0)

Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, I loved Highway in the Sky. So many have never heard of it or seen it. It was so typical Jimmy Stewart. I'm not a Dietrich fan but she was excellent. Just a darn good movie. I think this is what they call a sleeper.

Respected Contributor

Jimmy Stewart is my favorite actor! I can watch his movies over and over.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Esteemed Contributor

Jimmy Stewart was the best...love his movies.  Don't like seeing repeats of movies, but I love seeing him again and again.  I always liked his movies with June Allyson, especially the one of the  band director who played the clarinet.  I loved to watch Jimmy on Johnny Carson's shows....that slow drawl, funny commentary and  great humor!

Esteemed Contributor

While he was never at the top of my favorite Classic Era Actors list,  I do enjoy his Hitchcock performances in "Rear Window" and "Vertigo".

Honored Contributor

The most romantic scene of any movie for me was in It Is A Wonderful Life when Jimmy and Donna Reed were at her home on the phone with her "other boyfriend, Hea Haw"  and when they hung up Jimmy started shaking her and telling her he was never going to marry ect... then grabbed and kissed her and just could no longer resist her.  Her tears and the scene always moves me no matter how many times I watch it.

Jimmy Stewart was a true romantic movie star!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."