Honored Contributor

Watching Yellowstone---thankful for commercials!

I never thought I'd be so happy for televison commercial interuptions! 

This show is so intense, well with violence, that I feel like my blood pressure settles down when a Target commercial comes on.

I have to look away a lot or hold my hand up so I can't see the TV and ask my husband when it's safe to look.  Tonight, I'm not even watching, but can hear it in the livingroom.

A few thoughts.

Watching Rip, I can't believe he has blue eyes.  Seems he should have brown eyes.  So I look up the actor who plays him and here's this red haired, red bearded actor.

!!

I wonder why they picked him and then dyed his hair dark brown and dyed his beard and his eyebrows. 

Why not pick a dark haired, dark bearded, dark eyebrowed actor--or---let Rip be a red haired, red bearded, red eyebrowed cowboy.  It goes better with his blue eyes.

Well, maybe these things go through my head while watching the violence.  It's sort of a little getaway.

And so are the commercials.

Respected Contributor

Re: Watching Yellowstone---thankful for commercials!

@Lucky Charm He’s dark Irish! 😉  My family has lots of dark Irish. Fair skin, dark brunette hair (often with red highlights which are more noticeable when out in sunlight), & blue or greenish eyes. 

“Intense” is a great way to describe Yellowstone. It took me a while to get used to the violence in this show but I’m hooked on the series now!  I also love the scenery and of course, the horses and tack. 😁

Trusted Contributor

@Lucky Charm I saw this was on a few weeks ago and had heard my dad and my BIL talk about it over the summer.  I decided to give it a whirl and DVRd all 29 episodes.  I felt like I lived and breathed Yellowstone for I don't know how many days.  I really liked it.  That Season 3 finale was something else.  I'm looking forward to Season 4.  Curious how that will all turn out.  I'm purposely avoiding spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@Lucky Charm He’s dark Irish! 😉  My family has lots of dark Irish. Fair skin, dark brunette hair (often with red highlights which are more noticeable when out in sunlight), & blue or greenish eyes. 

“Intense” is a great way to describe Yellowstone. It took me a while to get used to the violence in this show but I’m hooked on the series now!  I also love the scenery and of course, the horses and tack. 😁

@Kalli I always thought my husband was dark Irish--but he has dark brown eyes. 

I could just tell something was *off* with Rip's look especially in sunlight.  His eyes and eyelashes were light and his skin was sort of paste-y/ruddy. 

It all made perfect sense when I googled him.  Totally different looking man.  I don't even recognize him as Rip.  I don't know why they changed his look so drastically for the part and not just hire an actor that already looked like that.  Or give him brown contacts.  haha

Yes the scenery is fantastic!  I love the horses and hate to see them forced to buck.  Makes me sad.Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@Lucky Charm I saw this was on a few weeks ago and had heard my dad and my BIL talk about it over the summer.  I decided to give it a whirl and DVRd all 29 episodes.  I felt like I lived and breathed Yellowstone for I don't know how many days.  I really liked it.  That Season 3 finale was something else.  I'm looking forward to Season 4.  Curious how that will all turn out.  I'm purposely avoiding spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet.

@Stargazer77 We just got done watching it last night.  I walked in near the end.  It seemed like it could continue on, so I'm glad there is a season 4.  I think.  Haha.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I never thought I'd be so happy for televison commercial interuptions! 

This show is so intense, well with violence, that I feel like my blood pressure settles down when a Target commercial comes on.

I have to look away a lot or hold my hand up so I can't see the TV and ask my husband when it's safe to look.  Tonight, I'm not even watching, but can hear it in the livingroom.

A few thoughts.

Watching Rip, I can't believe he has blue eyes.  Seems he should have brown eyes.  So I look up the actor who plays him and here's this red haired, red bearded actor.

!!

I wonder why they picked him and then dyed his hair dark brown and dyed his beard and his eyebrows. 

Why not pick a dark haired, dark bearded, dark eyebrowed actor--or---let Rip be a red haired, red bearded, red eyebrowed cowboy.  It goes better with his blue eyes.

Well, maybe these things go through my head while watching the violence.  It's sort of a little getaway.

And so are the commercials.

@Lucky Charm 

I thought the same thing.  

Or, at least not dye his hair quite so black.  They could have made it darker than his natural color, but not as stark as it is.  It doesn't look natural on him.  (And yes, I've seen people that are fair with very dark hair that still look natural.  I don't think he does.)  It just looks 'off' to me, and it's a little distracting.

That said, I love the show!👍

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm I guess I’m not very perceptive! 😆 I like Rip but didn’t question his dark hair. But I can see what you’re saying now that I think about it.

Agree about the bucking. I always want animals treated humanely. I remember reading that Costner was very careful not to injure animals while filming Dances With Wolves. Hopefully he still feels the same way. 

Anyway, I’m so looking forward to the next season of Yellowstone!