Trusted Contributor

Watching The two lifetime movies on Betty Broderick

[ Edited ]

This was meant to be posted on TV/Movie ...Sorry!

Meredith Baxter plays Betty....gosh she was great in this role. I get sucked into watching this every time it is on.....  I hope Betty never gets parole.... Convicted in 1991 for the murders of her Ex husband and his wife in their bed sleeping...she has never felt remorse and feels that they deserved it. Last parole denied was in 2013. She was given 30 years to life. Here is a break down of the whole story:

http://www.retrokimmer.com/2013/10/scorned-housewife-betty-broderick.htm

here is a video of one of the Denial parole hearings with the children and family both pro and con for her release. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AN45iRwY4LI

Honored Contributor

Re: Watching The two lifetime movies on Betty Broderick

oh i wish i had known these were on.......she was EXCELLENT in that role......such a departure from her "elise keaton" role on family ties.

i guess it has already finished airing because i do not see it on my lifetime schedule or the lifetime movie network.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Those movies were great.

Honored Contributor

I've seen the two-part movie with Meredith Baxter, a couple of times.  She is really good in the role, isn't she?   

It's one of those that you can easily watch more than once.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Sunshine - Looks like they aired at 8am and 10am, Pacific time, on Lifetime and the Tivo doesn't show any upcoming airings.  I'm sure it will be back at some point.    

Wow, I just noticed that both parts were from 1992!   Time flies, eh?  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I remember the first time the mini series aired, I had a dental appt the next day, and it was the talk of the office, first aired on a Sun. night in 1992. 

Esteemed Contributor

I watched them again this morning, too. I'm not quite sure why I like this movie (2 parts) so much.... I think that at some time or another, there's been just a little Betty Broderick in every women.... What do u think?

Trusted Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I watched them again this morning, too. I'm not quite sure why I like this movie (2 parts) so much.... I think that at some time or another, there's been just a little Betty Broderick in every women.... What do u think?

@Goldengate8361   Yes....any woman left for a woman half her age as in Betty's case would feel anger and hate....Betty just acted out what most people would think but never do.....poor Betty was just so crazed about it she could not move on...and it seems she is still angry today so many years later. Nut case!

Esteemed Contributor

To this day Betty thinks she is the victim.  She is obviously unstable, no wonder he left her.  I feel so sorry for her children.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Ha........I cried for about a day...........Then I found somebody better.

♥Surface of the Sun♥