Super Contributor

Re: Watching The CMA Awawds?

Due to my age I 'm not that familiar with the newer stars. I felt a little nostalgic when I saw Marty Stewart playing guitar with Ricky Skaggs and there was no mention of him. So it goes.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeasonedCitizen

@SeasonedCitizen wrote:

Due to my age I 'm not that familiar with the newer stars. I felt a little nostalgic when I saw Marty Stewart playing guitar with Ricky Skaggs and there was no mention of him. So it goes.

ITA.  I  fast forward most of it.  I did like they did not get political.  I like the opening with Garth Brooks.  I like the fact, that they seem like good decent people, not like the Hollywood crowd.  

All the ones popular in my day are gone.  Johnny Cash, Elvis, Minnie Pearl, she was GRAND OLD OPRY.  I like a few today, like Brad Paisley, but I forget their names and the music all sounds the same.

Honored Contributor

I literally shrieked and started clapping when Keith Urban won.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@SeasonedCitizen

Loved seeing Rickey...and  the others...and sing more than one song!!!

like you ..i was hoping "Marty" would be mentioned and get to see him sing....also Chris Stapleson's wife was also not heard while singing...Smiley Sad

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

What a shocker when Keith  won...and i" loved" it!  and..he couldn't believe it was his name announced.!!!.

love a man that can shed a few tearsHeart

So humble ..even when wiping tears from his eyes as he gave his acceptance speech....Heart

Congrats Kieth

Heart  about time...

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not really a country music fan, with a few exceptions. Every once in a while I hear a song I like. I watched about 25 minutes of the show. I like Brad Paisley, but I've never bought any of his music. I do own about three of Carrie Underwood's songs. I own two songs from Little Big Town. Most of the country music, particularly the group songs, all sound the same to me. It's as if they took the melody with the same riffs, and just changed the lyrics. However, I feel the same way about modern R &n B as well, not really songs you can sing along with. I have to admit that I have very little use for rap. The last rap I bought was Run DMC. My tastes in music are somewhat eclectic, so my collection has a little bit of everything, but I trend toward classic rock, some pop, and some alternative.

Honored Contributor

I think it's ridiculous that they have been presenting Entertainer of the Year since the mid-60's and out of all the winners, less than 10 have been female.  Once again last night, all men were nominated.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I think it's ridiculous that they have been presenting Entertainer of the Year since the mid-60's and out of all the winners, less than 10 have been female.  Once again last night, all men were nominated.

Same thing happened almost in the best new artist award: it was Lauren Alaina against a bevy of men. She didn't have a chance.

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh@cowboy sam I was also thrilled when Keith won Entertainer of the Year! I saw him in concert a few weeks ago and he was amazing! He’s a special person with a huge heart!! 

Honored Contributor

I watched some of the program.  I know a few of the country artists and I like a little of the music just not all the time.

kindness is strength