Super Contributor

Watching Rose Parade on Hallmark Channel

Hallmark Channel doing some great coverage. Miss HGTV, but at least to me this is better coverage than ABC’s. Happy New Year to all!
Respected Contributor

Re: Watching Rose Parade on Hallmark Channel

I've been watching, also. Good to see Mark Steines is emceeing again this year with Liza Gibbons. I wasn't sure he would be since HM had let him go earlier in the year from Home and Family.

Honored Contributor

It's been an exceptional parade this year.

Great bands - Alabama A&M, Florida A&M and of course Ohio State.

Wonderful high school bands.

Love the floats, it's so amazing to see how they are created.

DD marched in the parade when she was in her high school band, great memories for her.

Honored Contributor

The one time we tried to see the parade in person, it rained.  Never did get to watch it live.

Trusted Contributor

I like the behind the scenes preparation shots.  I could watch those all day.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I've been watching, also. Good to see Mark Steines is emceeing again this year with Liza Gibbons. I wasn't sure he would be since HM had let him go earlier in the year from Home and Family.

I was surprised to see Mark too, given what went down with Home and Family. 

The coverage is good, but it's all about the floats and use of plant material for me... All those bands get a little tedious, especially on TV, though they might be more enjoyable for those there in person...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@LadyAlice wrote:
Hallmark Channel doing some great coverage. Miss HGTV, but at least to me this is better coverage than ABC’s. Happy New Year to all!

OMG are they finally done with Christmas movies.  it will be nice to see normal shows again.  I still don't understand why they change programming for sooooooo long.  The Rose parade is always nice.  i just turned to it  Nice and sunnySmiley Happy Floats are beautiful as usuaal  Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

Good grief!  What is it with me and the weather these days?  I'm so hung up on weather and temperatures, it's driving me crazy.

Why mention that here?  Well, because I just asked Alexa what the temperature is in Pasadena, California right now and she said it's 48 degrees and there will be a high of 58  degrees there today.

I noticed some people have on very little and some have on coats and gloves.  I was just curious.

I think I'm a ding bat when it comes to preconceived ideas because I think of California as always warm.

This idea is stupid to me because we used to go to California often and I absolutely know that we'd stay in Walnut Grove, California and it would be warm and drive to San Francisco and we'd be cold.

Anyway, a little weather info for Pasadena, California.  I love that it's a bright and sunny day.  Perfect for watching a beautiful parade after last night watching New York with those people soak and wet.  Ha!  

One would think we Americans are a hearty bunch....one would THINK that!  Ha!

Trusted Contributor

CA native. Live maybe 5 miles away from parade route.  Our best coverage is always by KTLA channel 5.  Fun to go after parade and walk around the floats they line up at Sierra Madre.  They are spectacular.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@LadyAlice wrote:

OMG are they finally done with Christmas movies.  it will be nice to see normal shows again.  I still don't understand why they change programming for sooooooo long.  The Rose parade is always nice.  i just turned to it  Nice and sunnySmiley Happy Floats are beautiful as usuaal  Thanks for posting.

Don't get too excited... The 'other' Hallmark channel is still foisting those tedious holiday movies out there... I suspect this one will pick them up again for a few days more after the parade... My gosh, they're endless...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...