Honored Contributor

Watching Marie Kondo's film on Netflix

[ Edited ]

It's very good and reminds of what I read in her book.  It's so well done.  I guess for me, it's more about, maintaining clearing out of things, for being more minimalized.  After all these years.................plus in years to come, to get rid of unused things is just too much to comprehend. Strike while the iron is hot!!! Doing it now while I am still able.  I love order, or organization.  It is necessary to get rid of that "just in case" we grew up with.  That's a real habit to break.  Show is called "Tidying up with Marie Kondo (2019, 1 Season).

So it's good to renew a few of her hints that worked for me.  

So if you might be interested, I wanted to mention it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Watching Marie Kondo's film on Netflix

Thanks quality gal, I'd forgotten about this show...watching right now 'empty nesters'...oh my....almost looks like a hoarding situation, can't wait to see the final result.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

It's very good and reminds of what I read in her book.  It's so well done.  I guess for me, it's more about, maintaining clearing out of things, for being more minimalized.  After all these years.................plus in years to come, to get rid of unused things is just too much to comprehend. Strike while the iron is hot!!! Doing it now while I am still able.  I love order, or organization.  It is necessary to get rid of that "just in case" we grew up with.  That's a real habit to break.  Show is called "Tidying up with Marie Kondo (2019, 1 Season).

So it's good to renew a few of her hints that worked for me.  

So if you might be interested, I wanted to mention it.

@qualitygal 

Thank you, I'm really new to navigating Netflix- (but loving it so far). I will be checking this out today. I so agree about the "just in case" items (forgotten and squirreled away- habit that I too, grew up with) and it IS a hard habit to break. 
I just culled a few items from my living/family room a week or so ago, and it feels so good to do that.  Rearranged and not missing them. 
Thanks again for the recommendation. 

⚓️
Valued Contributor

Her method of folding things into thirds has changed my life.  My drawers are now neater, organized, and whenever I take out a tee shirt everything else stays in place.  No more refolding a messy drawer!  I didn't even get rid of much, but everything fits better now.  I'm so glad I took the time to watch the series.