Respected Contributor

Hundreds of roaches on the walls and curtains, trashed house, mom just sits there ! Needles everywhere, mom says she has 13 disabilities. I have watched this show before many times, these people have serious issues, mental or just lazy! I feel sorry for the children of these people. I have watched this show several times and it's just sad to see people in this condition.  

Honored Contributor

I had to stop watching this show altogether.  It would give me anxiety.

Respected Contributor

I can't watch the show. It makes me ill.

Honored Contributor

Re: Watching Hoaders

[ Edited ]

It Is an illness not just laziness to get to THAT extreme.  Messy is one thing....but to walk on feet of garbage with rats, rodents, and human  and animal waste is just mentally ill. 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Hundreds of roaches on the walls and curtains, trashed house, mom just sits there ! Needles everywhere, mom says she has 13 disabilities. I have watched this show before many times, these people have serious issues, mental or just lazy! I feel sorry for the children of these people. I have watched this show several times and it's just sad to see people in this condition.  

@Goodie2shoes 

Yes, hoarding is a mental condition which requires extensive therapy.

Many times, if there are children, CPS will intervene & be the catalyst

for home cleanup & therapy help & aftercare.

These shows are eye-opening to the many different types of hoarding.
I'm happy they are finally getting the help they need. 

Honored Contributor

It must be just awful to have the hoarding mental condition!

I cannot watch some of these shows when they have the bugs and rats and mice, it is too creepy and disgusting.

It is hard to watch these with the homes almost totally destroyed and falling down. Dead animals, webs all over, expired food trash and on and on!

I can watch some that dont involve bugs or mice and rats.

I could never live like these people do! But couldnt anyway due to yearly complex inspections!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Does anyone else watching a hoarding show start to clean the house? I do!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I do feel some of the people are truly just lazy and dont want to clean!! Wonder if that is True???

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   Sometimes it does give me some incentive to go clean and get organized and to clear out  things I dont need Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Exterminators said this is the worse they have ever seen. Roaches 3 inches deep in cans, toilet paper thrown on the floor in the bathroom instead of being flushed, sanitary napkins on the floor. This woman's husband moved out and she has custody of the kids   Unbelievable ! This is an old show so I hope after they cleaned up her house and she has had mental help they are still living in a much cleaner environment.