Honored Contributor

Re: 📺 Watching Godfather 1,2,3 📺

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Sooner  I'm not looking for mistakes actually.  It's just that I've seen the movies so many times, that certain things I don't remember seeing or notice from the previous times I've watched.  Like the oranges Jlkc mentioned.  I do not remember those scenes.

@Mz iMac  You don’t have to explain yourself. I do the same thing. I see something that I never noticed in previous viewings. That’s why I enjoy watching a movie more than once. Always find something I missed.

Respected Contributor

I've seen Parts 1 and 2 a number of times and I always pick up on something I hadn't noticed before.  Those movies are chock full of different characters and locations and part 2 w/the flashbacks to the young Corleone.  A lot of the Italian names sound similar to me and I have to really pay attention to who's who.

Al Pacino was so handsome as Michael.  He's always drinking water and seems to have such a calm xterior, but boy can he boil over in a hurry.  The way he treated Kate was awful.  And poor Fredo.  He swims w/the fishes.  Smiley Sad

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Exactly!  Michael very bad man.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Valued Contributor

@jlkz @Mz iMac  If you watch Power,Courtney Kemp said they had oranges in the shoot up penthouse scene with Tommy as an homage to the Godfather. 

Esteemed Contributor

Its funny, I only saw Godfather part one. As half Italian American, I was offended and still am sick of Italians being portrayed as hot headed and or mobsters. (My family was/is kindheartted and calm). When I was in school, someone actually asked me if my families in the mob. I came home and told my dad, and he said tell them if we were in the mob we wouldn't be living here (in a city row home) lol. and my dad got upset and hurt anyone would say that to me! Now my brother, he loves the Godfather  lol. Another thing, Jersey shore tv show, they make Italians look like idiots. Cringe! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Frequent Contributor

I used to do impressions of poor Apollonia:  "Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday....."

Valued Contributor

Our family watches The Godfather every time it airs. We will call each other and remind each other to watch. When we watch together, amond the four of us, we can quote most of the scripts for 1 and 2.
One Christmas, each of us bought a small book with pictures and quotes. Weirdly, every one of us purchased one and received one.
What I find a little strange is that the movies always air around holidays,

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Its funny, I only saw Godfather part one. As half Italian American, I was offended and still am sick of Italians being portrayed as hot headed and or mobsters. (My family was/is kindheartted and calm). When I was in school, someone actually asked me if my families in the mob. I came home and told my dad, and he said tell them if we were in the mob we wouldn't be living here (in a city row home) lol. and my dad got upset and hurt anyone would say that to me! Now my brother, he loves the Godfather  lol. Another thing, Jersey shore tv show, they make Italians look like idiots. Cringe! 

@Shorty2U 

that is interesting........we have some very close longtime italian friends who are immigrants from italy, they LOVE the godfather movies. it is tradition for them to have it on a non stop loop on thanksgiving day and on christmas day. that is how much they love that movie!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

if you want to look for something in the movies.......there are at least 22 scenes in the godfather trilogy that have oranges in them. see how many you can find. Smiley Wink

of course, i will give you one......the godfather (vito corleone) actually dies with an orange in his mouth.

they symbolize death or violence that is about to happen.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein