Honored Contributor

📺 Watching Godfather 1,2,3 📺

On BBC America for the trillionth time.  Right now GF 1 is on & nearing the end.

Each time I watch, there is always something I missed the previous trillionth time.

#1 - The machine gun shootout at the tollbooth...

I could hear Sunny/Santino screaming the whole time the bullets were flying. 

#2 - The baptismal killing of the 4 heads of the "family".....

When Clemenza gets to the elevator, door opens there are THREE men inside.  Clemenza pulls out his rifle & shoots TWICE.

Ok, 2 is coming on now.  Let's see what I missed.  Will post if I missed anything. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 📺 Watching Godfather 1,2,3 📺

My favorite part is when the family gets revenge during the  baptism.  This is not my usual kind of movie, but it's a great story.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

It's my favorite part too.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Look for oranges as a symbol for violence.  The Godfather will hand one over to a victim.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

We own all 3 DVD's. I like the part in 111 where Michael's sister poisons an old Don at the opera w/cannoli.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Valued Contributor

I'm watching as well. Here's a question.  In GF1 when Michael is in Italy and his wife there is killed by the Barzini's .... Fabrizio is the one who planted the bomb.  Does anyone know does Michael catch up with Fabrizio somewhere?  I don't recall seeing it in GF1 or GF2 but heard that he perhaps mentions it in one of the movies.  Not a fan of GF3 ..... complete waste of time for me.  

Helen852
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

We own all 3 DVD's. I like the part in 111 where Michael's sister poisons an old Don at the opera w/cannoli.

@Group 5 minus 1 Leave the gun, take the cannoli. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

On BBC America for the trillionth time.  Right now GF 1 is on & nearing the end.

Each time I watch, there is always something I missed the previous trillionth time.

#1 - The machine gun shootout at the tollbooth...

I could hear Sunny/Santino screaming the whole time the bullets were flying. 

#2 - The baptismal killing of the 4 heads of the "family".....

When Clemenza gets to the elevator, door opens there are THREE men inside.  Clemenza pulls out his rifle & shoots TWICE.

Ok, 2 is coming on now.  Let's see what I missed.  Will post if I missed anything. Smiley Tongue

@Mz iMac I could never watch a movie looking for mistakes.  That would bug me!  LOL!!  EXCEPT when they use different horses.  My husband hates when I keep saying "That's the THIRD horse!"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jlkz wrote:

@Mz iMac 

Look for oranges as a symbol for violence.  The Godfather will hand one over to a victim.

@jlkzThe only oranges I remember is when the "retired" GF is playing w/his grandson in the garden.  He puts an orange peel on his teeth scaring the boy.

I do not remember Don Corelone young or old or Michael givng an orange to any of the men they killed.

Were the oranges in the GF Saga version?

@Helen852  "Does anyone know does Michael catch up with Fabrizio somewhere?"

Mike catches up w/him in NY.  The Brazi family informed Michael of his location as well as his new name.  He owned a pizza shop.  I forgot his new name, Vincent something.  Fabrizio was killed by a car bomb on Michael orders.

The above was cut from GF 1.  It was reintroduced in the "made for tv" The GF Saga 2.  

The GF Saga version included ALL the cut out scenes from a combined version of 1 & 2 and is 6+hrs long! faint.gif

Honored Contributor

@Sooner  I'm not looking for mistakes actually.  It's just that I've seen the movies so many times, that certain things I don't remember seeing or notice from the previous times I've watched.  Like the oranges Jlkc mentioned.  I do not remember those scenes.