Honored Contributor

Watching 3rd season of The Crown

I really like it!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Watching 3rd season of The Crown

I'll start watching tonight. I'm also going to watch season four of The man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime.

Honored Contributor

I'm going to start today or tomorrow. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@qualitygal I had no idea it had started! THANK YOU!!!

Respected Contributor

I started at 7 this morning ... it took me a minute to get used to

the new cast ..... I loved the first 2 seasons so much .. have watch

more than once .. about  5 times .... and loved the former cast ...

But I'm getting used to it ....

Love it .. and i said about the first 2 seasons I think it is one of

the best things ever done .....

So happy its back ....

Respected Contributor

I'm also watching; saw the first two seasons.  

Obviously, the queen is older, but why does she have different colored eyes?  Claire Foy(sp?), who portrayed the queen when she was younger, has blue eyes, this actress has brown.  Also, why have her teeth changed?  Poor fitting dentures?  They protrude slightly, Claire Foy's didn't.   Colored contact lenses could have been used to give the older queen blue eyes and cosmetic dentistry could have fixed, even temporarily, her teeth.  Weird that these things were overlooked. 

Honored Contributor

Is it the whole season 3 or just the 1st episode?  I'm not near a tv or I'd check...lol.

It's crazy, but I can't stand just watching one episode at a time now of anything.  I guess I've got a binge-ing problem.  Uh Oh.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So far I've watched the first 4 (now 8) episodes.   think this cast looks more like the Queen and Prince I remember since the late 1950s on.

I chuckle when I read threads about how wonderful the Queen is and how well liked she is.  It wasn't always the case.

I'd forgotten about Prince Phillip's mother Princess Alice.  She was a "unique" individual to say the least.

Enjoy.

Super Contributor

I watched the first three episodes of The Crown this afternoon and I really enjoyed it.  It is very beautifully done and the acting is so good.

This is my nic:  As for Olivia Coleman having brown eyes, I did read somewhere recently that they were very aware of the difference in color but nothing worked for her (including contacts) so they decided to go with brown eyes.  I did not see any mention of her teeth, but I must say that I did not notice anything amiss with them (or her different eye color) as I was watching today. 

I hope you enjoy the rest of the show.

Honored Contributor

I don't like Olivia in this role ,so far. She looks like a wet weekend all of the time , where the Queen has always been a serious person, she has interpreted it to be nasty and angry. I don't think the Queen is either

I know that they want to advance the stars to be in the right age bracket, but Olivia looks more like late 50's early 60 than 40's

Many people are mad they hint she had an affair with Porchy, and that she pretended to cry at the School tragedy in Wales..I know this is fictional but  I don't like  sensational lies.