Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

After watching the most recent show with a Jazz visiting the woman doctor, I just felt so sorry for her.  It must be so hard to not feel accepted as who you feel you are. The surgery is very difficult from what I have read about it....very painful.  This would be a lot for an adult to deal with....let alone a 16 year old girl.  She has a lot on her plate. 

Which is one of the MAJOR troubling issues I have with this.

This is not even a person MATURE enough to really make the decisions here.  Deciding to reject your born gender?  Altering your BODY in your teens?  Allowing drug therapy having alternate gender chemicals coursing through your TEENAGED body?

Being concerned with "arousal?"  I don't think that was a major force in my life at 15, that's for sure.  I knew I liked boys and was interested in them, but I wasn't knowledgeable or experienced in those feelings to identify them.  This is a child. 

Many of us change a lot about ourselves as we mature.   I just don't buy this.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003 I think at 16 both sexes understand the term and feelings ...but usually it is never really discussed.  Perhaps it should be discussed rather than being a hush  hush subject, I think a lot of issues young people have is not understanding the feelings they have because  adults think it should not be discussed. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

After watching the most recent show with a Jazz visiting the woman doctor, I just felt so sorry for her.  It must be so hard to not feel accepted as who you feel you are. The surgery is very difficult from what I have read about it....very painful.  This would be a lot for an adult to deal with....let alone a 16 year old girl.  She has a lot on her plate. 

Which is one of the MAJOR troubling issues I have with this.

This is not even a person MATURE enough to really make the decisions here.  Deciding to reject your born gender?  Altering your BODY in your teens?  Allowing drug therapy having alternate gender chemicals coursing through your TEENAGED body?

Being concerned with "arousal?"  I don't think that was a major force in my life at 15, that's for sure.  I knew I liked boys and was interested in them, but I wasn't knowledgeable or experienced in those feelings to identify them.  This is a child. 

Many of us change a lot about ourselves as we mature.   I just don't buy this.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003 I think at 16 both sexes understand the term and feelings ...but usually it is never really discussed.  Perhaps it should be discussed rather than being a hush  hush subject, I think a lot of issues young people have is not understanding the feelings they have because  adults think it should not be discussed. 

Maybe so, and I don't think there's anything wrong with a parent discussing it with a child.

I just wasn't there at 15 or 16.  Since things are more sexualized now, kids know some things sooner probably.  It is often too much, too soon.

Hyacinth

Occasional Contributor
@Dash I am sad for Jazz, as well. My husband is a physician with 40+ years of experience, and I am a counselor, in residency to become a therapist. Much of the data on transgender reassignment surgery (now renamed to “gender confirmation surgery) has been suppressed by the LGBTQ community...for instance, those undergoing “complete” surgery are 20 times more likely to commit surgery.

Watch episode 1, season 1 of this series: you will see what’s wrong with this family: Jazz is a spoiled, entitled child that has NEVER been told “no” by her parents...it’s that simple. In one scene, her mom said at age 5 (AGE 5!!!) Jazz wanted pigtails, her mom gave them to her, Jazz told her mom thought they were pretty, and her mom tearfully says, “it was at that point I decided I would get Jazz anything she wanted!” Mom has succeeded in raising a very manipulative son that thinks he’s a girl.

God doesn’t make mistakes that need to be surgically corrected. This story is not going to end well. 😢 Someone needs to love this child enough to tell her no now and then.
Honored Contributor

@RealHousewifeLubbock

lol!How do they say no to her????

Never!!!..shes so spoiled..

I want her to stop talking about her "v"!!!!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@RealHousewifeLubbock

lol!How do they say no to her????

Never!!!..shes so spoiled..

I want her to stop talking about her"v"!!!!

@cowboy sam  Me tooooo... Not just her - everyone talks that way - even her brothers (who I think are adorable).....  Something "off" about the whole family.  Don't you think they are just too "perfect?"........ JMO

I don't live far from them.  Their house is gorgeous.  The parents names are really Renee and Scott (he's an attorney)  Grandpa is a retired physician.  Jazz's real name is Jaron Bloshinsky.   Grandparents real names are not really "Jack and Jackie"

Honored Contributor

I don't know how many of you watch General Hospital.  Well, on that soap the young boy (I think on the show he's around 7 years old). 

It started out on the show where he was bullied...then it progressed to where HE enjoyed 'baking'.  The parents encouraged him baking.  Follow along ...... then his brother said they thought he was being teased because he was Gay (keep in mind the kid is around 7 or so).

Now in the past few weeks the parents have decided he is Gay (no discussion) and they took him ice skating so he could meet up with 2 people (males) who are a Gay couple on the show.

Did I mention she checked out from the library (walking all over the hospital where she works with these books on being Gay).

Some of us who talk about the soap thought (in the beginning the writers were going to have a guest come to his class).  The guest would be a famous chef like Emeril Lagasse or any famous chef (there are many of them who are male).  Maybe the kid just likes to bake.

But...no...because they've (the parents mind you) decided he's Gay they are heading down whatever road that is.

I have said here before I have several family members who actually are Gay.  Gay is WHAT they are NOT WHO they are.

My nieces (two of them) are legally married to women and have children.  They are all very, very happy.

The males are also happily married.  No children and doesn't want any.

I know that in my family no one decided for the Gay members that they'd be Gay.  As a matter of fact one of them moved to another state with her boyfriend.  Then she met someone and is now happily married to another woman.

I have to wonder how often it is that the parents decide these things.  I can only speak to what I've seen in my family.  I know Gay is not Transgender.  But the person goes through difficult decisions both ways.

My best friend's son is also Gay and is happily married.  He knew he was Gay probably in middle school.  But HE decided.  

I've never watched a full episode of Jazz.  I don't know that much about this show.  Over and over it keeps coming up (advertising the show) on the other shows I watch. 

There's the mother in tears talking about how something has happened during the 'operation' and crying and ......(it's enough to make anyone start crying).

I hate to think of anyone in pain and unhappy.  I hope whatever happens this family is able to get some peace.

I think it's wonderful that we live in a time where a person can be whatever he or she wants to be.  But let the person decide when they get older.  

Maybe because in our family we understand decisions like Transgender and Gay are something that should be decided by the person when they are older.  

But I really don't think that's going to happen as long as those cameras keep a' rollin'.  Hummm??? Who's fault is that?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I don't know how many of you watch General Hospital.  Well, on that soap the young boy (I think on the show he's around 7 years old). 

It started out on the show where he was bullied...then it progressed to where HE enjoyed 'baking'.  The parents encouraged him baking.  Follow along ...... then his brother said they thought he was being teased because he was Gay (keep in mind the kid is around 7 or so).

Now in the past few weeks the parents have decided he is Gay (no discussion) and they took him ice skating so he could meet up with 2 people (males) who are a Gay couple on the show.

Did I mention she checked out from the library (walking all over the hospital where she works with these books on being Gay).

Some of us who talk about the soap thought (in the beginning the writers were going to have a guest come to his class).  The guest would be a famous chef like Emeril Lagasse or any famous chef (there are many of them who are male).  Maybe the kid just likes to bake.

But...no...because they've (the parents mind you) decided he's Gay they are heading down whatever road that is.

I have said here before I have several family members who actually are Gay.  Gay is WHAT they are NOT WHO they are.

My nieces (two of them) are legally married to women and have children.  They are all very, very happy.

The males are also happily married.  No children and doesn't want any.

I know that in my family no one decided for the Gay members that they'd be Gay.  As a matter of fact one of them moved to another state with her boyfriend.  Then she met someone and is now happily married to another woman.

I have to wonder how often it is that the parents decide these things.  I can only speak to what I've seen in my family.  I know Gay is not Transgender.  But the person goes through difficult decisions both ways.

My best friend's son is also Gay and is happily married.  He knew he was Gay probably in middle school.  But HE decided.  

I've never watched a full episode of Jazz.  I don't know that much about this show.  Over and over it keeps coming up (advertising the show) on the other shows I watch. 

There's the mother in tears talking about how something has happened during the 'operation' and crying and ......(it's enough to make anyone start crying).

I hate to think of anyone in pain and unhappy.  I hope whatever happens this family is able to get some peace.

I think it's wonderful that we live in a time where a person can be whatever he or she wants to be.  But let the person decide when they get older.  

Maybe because in our family we understand decisions like Transgender and Gay are something that should be decided by the person when they are older.  

But I really don't think that's going to happen as long as those cameras keep a' rollin'.  Hummm??? Who's fault is that?

@Annabellethecat66  Maybe the parents "realized" he is gay, and decided not to hinder him.  Jazz  knew when she was three years old that she is a girl.

Most Chefs are male, my Dad was one, think I inherited his knack, but most cooks are women, though more and more women becoming Chefs.

Honored Contributor

Re: Watchin I Am Jazz

[ Edited ]

@RealHousewifeLubbock wrote:
@DashI am sad for Jazz, as well. My husband is a physician with 40+ years of experience, and I am a counselor, in residency to become a therapist. Much of the data on transgender reassignment surgery (now renamed to “gender confirmation surgery) has been suppressed by the LGBTQ community...for instance, those undergoing “complete” surgery are 20 times more likely to commit surgery.

Watch episode 1, season 1 of this series: you will see what’s wrong with this family: Jazz is a spoiled, entitled child that has NEVER been told “no” by her parents...it’s that simple. In one scene, her mom said at age 5 (AGE 5!!!) Jazz wanted pigtails, her mom gave them to her, Jazz told her mom thought they were pretty, and her mom tearfully says, “it was at that point I decided I would get Jazz anything she wanted!” Mom has succeeded in raising a very manipulative son that thinks he’s a girl.

God doesn’t make mistakes that need to be surgically corrected. This story is not going to end well. 😢 Someone needs to love this child enough to tell her no now and then.

@RealHousewifeLubbock  Se-uality is in the mind, and I do believe people like Jazz were born this way, in her case born programmed to be a girl, but with a male body.  She knew at the age of three, probably before.

Honored Contributor

I’ve never watched the series but I have watched an early  special about Jazz. I have questions. Hormone blockers pause the physical changes Jazz would have that are associated with male puberty. Isn’t she taking these? This blockage should have given her more time to think about her gender identity. Couldn’t she, now, take cross-sex female hormones and then go through puberty of her preferred female gender? 

Respected Contributor

@RealHousewifeLubbock wrote:
@DashI am sad for Jazz, as well. My husband is a physician with 40+ years of experience, and I am a counselor, in residency to become a therapist. Much of the data on transgender reassignment surgery (now renamed to “gender confirmation surgery) has been suppressed by the LGBTQ community...for instance, those undergoing “complete” surgery are 20 times more likely to commit surgery.

@RealHousewifeLubbock, I believe you meant to write suicide, not surgery. Am I correct?