Honored Contributor

Watched "The Theory of Everything" ON DEMAND yesterday

I cried most of the way through it. However, it was not a movie made intentionally as a tear jerker, it's just remarkable that this genius of a man is still alive. He has had as full a life as someone so debilitated possibly could. The acting was outstanding all around. There were no "bad guys." No matter what finally happens to Stephen Hawking, his will to live to the point of having absolutely no control or physical abilities at all will always be an inspiration to me. Everyone should see this outstanding movie, this amazing life.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Re: Watched ""The Theory of Everything"" ON DEMAND yesterday

Not so keen on the love story since he left the first wife for his nurse who he was cheating with while married. Think he's on his third wife now....

Respected Contributor

I know the movie glamorized Hawking's life and relationships, but Redmayne's portrayal of Hawking's physical limitations was amazing. I don't see many movies and I don't follow the awards process, but I remember thinking that the actor had certainly done award-winning work in the movie.

Super Contributor

I had the chance to see this great film in the the theater and Eddie Redmayne certainly deserved the oscar he won, overall in my opinion it was one of the better films this past year.

Super Contributor

On 3/11/2015 candy said:

Not so keen on the love story since he left the first wife for his nurse who he was cheating with while married. Think he's on his third wife now....

His first wife had feelings for someone else first.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, his first wife was falling for someone else. He knew it and that is why I believe he took up with his nurse. I couldn't stand his wife because of that.

Super Contributor

On 3/11/2015 snowball said:

Yes, his first wife was falling for someone else. He knew it and that is why I believe he took up with his nurse. I couldn't stand his wife because of that.

I do have to say that his first wife ran herself ragged for him for years and years. Taking care of him and getting him around everywhere in his chair and taking care of the children and everything else couldn't have been easy. It was a tough situation all the way around.

Respected Contributor

On 3/11/2015 kaybee said: I do have to say that his first wife ran herself ragged for him for years and years. Taking care of him and getting him around everywhere in his chair and taking care of the children and everything else couldn't have been easy. It was a tough situation all the way around.

I agree. It had to have been extremely difficult. I really liked the movie, even if it may have idealized their relationship.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

Stephen Hawking left the marriage for his nurse. Apparently Jane's relationship with another man was accepted as long as Jane continued to love Stephen.

There was a rift in the family with the marriage to Dixon. Complaints of possible abuse were made and there was a quiet divorce.

At this point Stephen and Jane, and their children and grandchildren, have a close and happy relationship.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't fooled by the love story part at all and I think the movie had a veiled reference to how difficult it was for the first wife as he became more and more debilitated.

What affected me was what happened to him, how he is able to live with it, what a genius he is. The man is left with nothing but his brain and yet he still pursues life and continues to give to science. The movie was well done and respectful toward him, as he deserves.

The soap opera part of it (not really emphasized in the movie) did not interest me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986