Honored Contributor

Was there sequel to A Christmas Carol (movie)?

Movie buffs might be able to tell me the name of the movie I'm describing. My husband recalls a movie that took place after Scrooge became a nice guy. However, people started taking advantage of his kindness. I've tried to Google some of the details he recalls, but nothing came up that fits his description. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Was there sequel to A Christmas Carol (movie)?

I was wondering too so I found this-

"Scrooge gets too generous for his own good; people take advantage of him and he’s left as poor as Bob Cratchit once was. A Christmas Carol II was an episode of the George Burns Comedy Week in 1985 – in fact, it’s probably the episode the short-lived series is best known for."

There were also 2 books written-

Christmas Carol 2-The Return of Scrooge by Robert J Elisberg.-

"A #1 best-seller on Amazon for Humor Parody. A Christmas Carol 2: The Return of Scrooge is a continuation of the beloved Christmas tale, that quickly goes flying off in its own comic direction. It begins five years after dear old Ebenezer Scrooge has passed away and left his thriving firm to his former clerk, Bob Cratchit. However, Bob's overly-generous benevolence with lending and charity-giving has driven the company into the ground, on the verge of bankruptcy. And so the ghost of Scrooge returns one Christmas Eve to teach Cratchit the true meaning of money. Making the swirling journey through Christmases past, present, and yet-to-be all the more of a chaotic ride for Cratchit are the dozens of characters from other Dickens novels woven throughout the story, together for the first time. God bless them, most everyone.

Revised by Robert J. Elisberg
Original Long-Lost Manuscript by Charles Dickens"

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@AuntG You can watch it on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkqCUgY0wvo

Honored Contributor

That must be it @on the bay . When I did my online search, something about George Burns came up, but my understanding was it was a movie, not a TV show. I guess DH and I had a failure to communicate!

Honored Contributor

We just watched it. Thanks @MezzieStarr . I never knew about that show.