Respected Contributor

If anyone is interested, on Friday night, channel Decades @ 8:00pm, there will be a special called, Eye on the World, The Rose of Walter Cronkite.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

I enjoyed Walter's work with You Are There. Wonder why these history based shows aren't re-run.

Honored Contributor

I always thought of Walter Cronkite as a REAL newscaster.  The one's today....ugh!  Plain and simple...ugh!

Valued Contributor

I will never forget the day he told the nation that President Kennedy was shot and was dead. He took off his glasses and wiped his eyes. He was truly one of the best.

Honored Contributor

If you get a chance to read his autobiography- do it!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I always thought of Walter Cronkite as a REAL newscaster.  The one's today....ugh!  Plain and simple...ugh!

Walter Cronkite was a big deal when I was growing up.  I remember watching him and also Huntley and Brinkley.  They are no newscasters today that even come close.  Well maybe Rachael Maddow she seems to facts to back up her segments.

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

I enjoyed Walter's work with You Are There. Wonder why these history based shows aren't re-run.

@StylishLady

i used to love that show also!!!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: Walter Cronkite

[ Edited ]

In case you are searching for it, it is The Rise of Walter Cronkite, not  rose.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@StylishLady wrote:

@StylishLady

i used to love that show also!!!

@StylishLady@sunshine45My guess is history has changed over time Woman Wink and what we'd see on the re-runs wouldn't track with what is being taught today.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66For the most part pretty faces who can barely read and don't know the word "preparation."

There are exceptions, of course.

Keepin' it real.