Honored Contributor

Wallis Simpson: The Secret Letters

WS was at the center of a national scandal of royal proportions. Many believed she was intent on ensnaring Edward and luring him from the throne that was rightfully his. Recently discovered letters reveal her secret love. They also show her fear as she found herself becoming trapped into marrying Edward. 

This emotional film is based on the "That Woman" by Anne Sebba 

Starring: Elizabeth McGovern, Jeremy Child 

Directed by: David Barrie 

Filmed in 2016: Available on Amazon Prime 

**Footnote**

Documents highlight both supported Hitler's agenda. Terrifying, knowing that had Edward not abdicated-life as we know might be very different today. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Wallis Simpson: The Secret Letters

He was a fool and a traitor.  Glad he married her and skipped out!  Truly a blessing for all of us.  We should have a statue to the woman somewhere. 

Honored Contributor

Trouble with him was he kept harping on her receiving the HRH label and they would never give it to her.  He never wanted the top job anyway.

Honored Contributor

I am wondering what was "secret."  After all, he abdicated, and they married.  So their relationship was out in the open.  Or did she have ulterior motives?  Apparently she lived in seclusion after her husband died in 1972.

Here they are with Pres. Nixon in 1970.

Nixon_and_the_Windsors.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Case in point! Water seeking its own level. Both individuals without any moral integrity. She was no better than him. Interestingly from all accounts she couldn't stand being in the same room. She had affairs before and after.

Honored Contributor

She sure wasn't a picture postcard. Queen Mary wasn't up for any

mother of the yr. awards. He was treated horrible by nannies when he was young. One thing I like about Princess Di and Kate they're hands on mothers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've read a good deal about him and a relative has shared a lot with me that she has read.

He was a flat-out anti-Semite and he and Simpson were friendly with Hitler.

Thank God he abdicated or the UK would like be under Nazi rule even now.

I wouldn't go so far as to erect a statue to her as someone suggested, but I am so glad she was the cause of his abdication.

I agree that he was indeed a traitor.

Honored Contributor

Wallis wan't any better. She had an affair with one of Hitler's henchmen.  If any 2 people deserve each other, it was them