Esteemed Contributor

@Longhorn Gal wrote:

I've read things today about Glenn being alive because Nicholas (is that his name?) fell on top of him and that he's actually the one being torn apart.  I watched the part again, and there appears to be a large opening at the bottom of the dumpster.   Could he crawl under the dumpster?  I don't know how I feel about it.  I hate it if Glenn is dead, but it would seem impossible odds if he actually made it out alive.   

I don't know how I feel about it either.  I agree that I hate to have Glenn be dead -- he is actually my favorite character on the show.  On the other hand, I don't like "teases".  This show was never one to play games; major characters die and we, the audience, know and accept that.  The show has never pretended or teased us and I don't want them to start now.  My heart sank when I thought Glenn was dead, but I've accepted it and want to move on (gee, I sound like Carol).  

Honored Contributor

I agree.  As I wrote below last night after the show in the spoiler of my post (does anyone actually open the spoilers?):

As to Glenn, I don't think he died in that scene.  I think he was covered by the body of Nicholas, and it was Nicholas the walkers were eating.  It seemed to me that Glenn's face showed more fear and anguish than actual pain.  But we shall see.  

It seemed pretty clear to me that the way he acted the scene, he wasn't dying, but that he was instead scared and more, but that what he showed on his face wasn't from physical pain.

You could also tell by the distance of the insides being pulled by the walkers.  The intestines were not directly from Glenn, but from a higher point than from where Glenn was lying.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

OMG You mean Glenn can still be alive???? I just watched this episode that I dvr'd last night and was shocked and very bummed that they killed him off! Now there's a chance he made it? I can't see how he could have though. Yes, this episode was one of their best!

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

I don't believe for a minute that Glenn is dead.   There is such talk going around that he is alive and he saved by someone, I won't mention.  But I was very upset thinking he may die.  I hope they don't lead us to believe he is, and then he appears in the last episode of the season.   I would hate that.

Valued Contributor

How could they do that? Glenn and Carol are not allowed to die!!!!! I hope it is true that he is still alive!

Respected Contributor

Well regardless how anyone feels if you are a fan of the original comics that are still going strong. Then you know this never happened and would not make any sense as to what is going to take place down the road. With the intro of a catalyst or two to the story.

So that being said and not giving away anything I feel that Glenn is not dead and that he is under Nicholas and that he does somehow survive. I feel they set up the scene to help explain how he survives.

Since they have made a point of making an effort to "follow" the comics this sequence is off. Now can it replace the eventual death of a favorite character yes as that has been done in the past. There are characters who make up "several" characters in the comics. 

Fan favorites are still alive that would of met horrific deaths already. 

Finally it will be interesting to see as to what they will do about Rick and his injury.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually just viewed the show last night. (Monday) I was so annoyed. I really like Glenn and I do not want him to be dead. On the other hand if this is just a teaser than shame on the writers of TWD. When have you had to stoop to such silly games to keep your audience interested in this show.

While I am on the subject. Morgan is working my last nerve. While you are being Mr. Peace, love, and harmony he is in fact endangering himself and the group. Take yourself of to the mountains and meditate if that's what you want. This new world has no place for him IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

Did I miss something with Rick. I watched this last night  (Monday) and I thought that he had just cut himself while stabbing the walkers.

Respected Contributor

I WANT Glen to be alive, but how??

I kept thinking Rick would be pulling up in the RV, or honking the horn.

How could Glenn possibly survive surrounded by THAT many walkers? There would have to be a noise or nearby fire to pull them away FAST!

Last week the episode was so bad---, & this week just felt horrible.

Respected Contributor

Re: Walking Dead - spoilers

[ Edited ]

Doesn't Glen still have the stuff to explode/cause a fire?  Maybe he will blow himself up and that will attract the herd that is headed to Alexandria so they turn around...it will also attract the ones zoning in on Rick. ....Glen will die a hero's death.