Respected Contributor

What a lot of gore in this episode..wow...just wow....those wolves were nasty and I doubt we will see the end of them...and how about that Carol?...she is so good at what she does!!  Now we know who was blowing the horn at the end of the season opener.  

Honored Contributor

Carol is SO, so amazing. Her story arc from season 1 until now has been incredible. I wish that the people on the Emmy's panel weren't so disdainful of science fiction shows. Melissa McBride deserved an Emmy last year and this episode makes me think she deserves another. She should have at LEAST been nominated last season.

Honored Contributor

Great episode.  One of my favorites so far.  

If you saw The Talking Dead afterward, the young actress who plays Enid  was on (she was with Carl last season in the hollow tree).  I would not have caught on to the "JSS" lettering until it was explained.  I saw the note she left Carl but didn't quite catch on even then.

Every apocalpyse needs a "Carol."

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Homegirl...I caught onto the JSS when she left the note for Carl...up to that point I was assuming they had some meaning regarding her parents.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Walking Dead - spoilers

[ Edited ]

A non-stop amazing episode!! I loved it! Again, Morgan annoys me with his holier-than-thou attitude. You know the wolves will come back, and come back with a venegance. He just doomed some people, again. The girl's story kind of annoys me, lol. But Carol, man she is an amazing actress and her character has definitely evolved the most. She is kick butt and knows of what she speaks. I only wish she was a bit nicer to that little boy, lol. Wow it was a heartpounding episode for sure.

Was anyone surprised at how cowardly the govenor lady was???? Really?? One second she is like, no weapons in Alexandria, and the next she is instructing RIck to kill the guy who killed her husband and then refuses to go back into the compound and let everyone else fight and do the dirty work while she and her son hides.

Those Alexandrians better get strong and wise quickly. The ride ain't over yet!

By the way, I think they need to go on offense with the wolves. Find where they are holed up and bomb the kwap out of the place. Enough is enough. They are just ruthless killers, not simply survivors.

Honored Contributor

I didn't catch on to the horn-blowing incident being why they heard the horn blowing constantly in the last episode.  D'oh!   Only when it was mentioned on 'Talking Dead' did it hit me.

Good episode with a lot of goings-on.  I guess next week we get back to Rick and gang with the walkers.  Maybe after the horn was stopped they got them corralled again.  Otherwise, I guess it's bye-bye for Alexandria.

Glad preacher man wants to make up for telling lies about the group but I still hope EVERYBODY learns the stuff he said.  That guy is messed up. He's like a cat with nine lives, too.

Looks like Morgan is coming around to the realities of life.  I hope he continues to be one of the good guys, but with the knowledge that sometimes you have to do stuff you would not have done in another life.  Smiley Happy

Lots of good stuff on Talking Dead and I enjoyed the behind the scenes interview with Carol and the Wolves.    I like how the one Wolf guy said that they were told to look REALLY mean.    Job well done!

Esteemed Contributor

Loved this episode.  And that Carol - OMG - so bad a s s 

Honored Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

Homegirl...I caught onto the JSS when she left the note for Carl...up to that point I was assuming they had some meaning regarding her parents.   

@straykatz (by the way, adore your little moving cat avatar!)

I have to admit, I had forgotten who she was and that her story was that she kind of kept away from the others.  So, when I saw her walking around after her parents were killed, I thought the JSS letters were her initials.  Thank goodness for The Talking Dead to put everything back into place!  

Although I must say I did catch on when the truck crashed that it was the reason the horn was honking.  So maybe that redeems me just a little!  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Loved this episode.  And that Carol - OMG - so bad a s s 

A lot of gore but I think this was one of the better episodes.  I wasn't expecting the wolves to be that bad.  

Honored Contributor

Homegirl - I had also forgotten who the girl was.   Until she was on Talking Dead and they were talking about the character and the little thing with her and Carl inside the tree (that was what keyed it in for me) I had no idea who Enid was.

I also missed that the part about her watching walkers eat those two people was not only a flashback but that it was her parents.