Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,648
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Walking Dead season opener

Right! The zombies are peripheral to the actual stories about these people and survival. That is what is so well done. Well, ok, the zombie parts are pretty well done too. But it's not supposed to be about them. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
Posts: 1,453
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Walking Dead season opener

Wagirl, you were not the only one hiding!! It was sooooo intense!!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,839
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Walking Dead season opener

Are we not maybe among a few of the walking dead? this is not pink eye folks!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,235
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Walking Dead season opener

Hummmmm.....there's an old man who doesn't speak English who works at the Wendy's where my grandchildren (well all but one) always wants to go.

He hands you your food as you drive by. His eyes look exactly like that. He has what looks like a permanent eye thing going on!

My one granddaughter always says, "Grandma. I want to go to Chick-a-filet where the people don't don't squishy, red eyes". I always say, "That works for me too. Let's go there".

Now I know ....... maybe he's a member of the Walking Dead.....or something.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 195
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Walking Dead season opener

It was so good!! Best part was when Darryl and Carol saw each other!!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,839
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Walking Dead season opener

On 10/15/2014 annabellethecat said:

Hummmmm.....there's an old man who doesn't speak English who works at the Wendy's where my grandchildren (well all but one) always wants to go.

He hands you your food as you drive by. His eyes look exactly like that. He has what looks like a permanent eye thing going on!

My one granddaughter always says, "Grandma. I want to go to Chick-a-filet where the people don't don't squishy, red eyes". I always say, "That works for me too. Let's go there".

Now I know ....... maybe he's a member of the Walking Dead.....or something.

I mention this because in the news one of those children with the mysterious virus who died started out with what the mother thought was pink eye, and when I saw a picture of the Ebola eye it freak me out.

I just find sites like this ironic we watch stuff like this for entertainment yet if we stop and think are not those among us really the walking dead?

I had posted a new thread but it got poo, today program was important because it did an reinstatement of the of the flimsy protections our health care workers wore it was sad and these people still do their jobs. Something is not right and we are not allowed to say anything.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 665
Registered: ‎06-05-2010

Re: Walking Dead season opener

On 10/15/2014 Robin1869 said:

It was so good!! Best part was when Darryl and Carol saw each other!!

I agree, plus when Rick saw baby Judith.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,062
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Walking Dead season opener

On 10/15/2014 Javala-la said:
On 10/15/2014 annabellethecat said:

Hummmmm.....there's an old man who doesn't speak English who works at the Wendy's where my grandchildren (well all but one) always wants to go.

He hands you your food as you drive by. His eyes look exactly like that. He has what looks like a permanent eye thing going on!

My one granddaughter always says, "Grandma. I want to go to Chick-a-filet where the people don't don't squishy, red eyes". I always say, "That works for me too. Let's go there".

Now I know ....... maybe he's a member of the Walking Dead.....or something.

I mention this because in the news one of those children with the mysterious virus who died started out with what the mother thought was pink eye, and when I saw a picture of the Ebola eye it freak me out.

I just find sites like this ironic we watch stuff like this for entertainment yet if we stop and think are not those among us really the walking dead?

I had posted a new thread but it got poo, today program was important because it did an reinstatement of the of the flimsy protections our health care workers wore it was sad and these people still do their jobs. Something is not right and we are not allowed to say anything.

Not sure that I understand your post{#emotions_dlg.blink}----we are NOT celebrating zombies or anyone who has that horrible eye problem--they are a part of the story line--about surviving and making decisions as to how to survive or if to survive and what we would do in their shoes. I'm pretty sure everyone knows it is fiction and everyone sympathizes with the current issues with ebola and is concerned about it. This is for fun that's all!

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎10-23-2011

Re: Walking Dead season opener

The Zombies have light blue eyes, not the red ones as in the picture. They were 'bleeding red' from the eyes because of the virus that also ravaged the prison. The pupils of the Zombies are usually really small too.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,180
Registered: ‎01-20-2011

Re: Walking Dead season opener

I'm re-watching this season opener right now..took a tea break. This was one e kick -a@$ episode.Carol is my home girl!! She is such a strong yet vulnerable female character.One of the best on tv.