Honored Contributor

Re: Walking Dead - getting confused

I am enjoying this season, and am rivited to the tv.

Trusted Contributor

I still love the show, but I think the change in focus from killing Walkers to killing people is what's getting some viewers worked up or tired of the storyline.  I'm really wondering once Negan is killed (or put away) and his empire goes by the wayside, what is going to happen next to keep the story fresh and interesting... 

Respected Contributor

I'm still enjoying the show. I think that turning on other groups would happen in real life. When everyone is fighting over limited resources.

Honored Contributor

I think this season is great so far. I think Eugene is a big wimp and can't believe he is such a turncoat after seeing his friends be beaten to death by the very person he is kissing up to- either that or he is a really good actor and has me fooled. I don't think so though.  I never did like his character. He should be gone by now.

Respected Contributor

This show was never just about killing zombies.....there's always been an element of humans doing the unthinkable - Rick cuffing Merl to a rail on a rooftop basically leaving him to die and Merl suviving by cutting off his own hand.....Shane killing Hershel's handyman....Carl killing Shane....Carl killing his mother....The Governor killing Hershel and others including what he did to Andrea.....The Terminus people were cannibals - they were eating humans not zombies!.....Father Gabriel left his flock to die by locking them out of his church....Carol has killed several including a child......Beth's death.....and so on.    Yes, we have lost some good ones to zombies but the majority of deaths have been at the hands of humans who are mercy killing or killing in the name of survival...but still killing one way or another.  Negan's brutal killing of Glenn and Abraham were 2 more deaths in the long string of many before them....and yes they were brutally beaten but how is that worse than Hershel losing his head or Carol putting a bullet in the back of a child or Carl having to kill his own moither, etc.  This is a violent show filled with right and wrong choices both good and bad that probably mimic the very nature of what real life in an apocolyptic world would be like.  

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I think this season is great so far. I think Eugene is a big wimp and can't believe he is such a turncoat after seeing his friends be beaten to death by the very person he is kissing up to- either that or he is a really good actor and has me fooled. I don't think so though.  I never did like his character. He should be gone by now.

Eugene is a suvivor who will do anything to survive.....some see him as cowardly...others see him as a guy doing what he needs to do to survive.....I'm not sure if he is with Negan because he is a turncoat or because he is spying.....that's what I like about Eugene's character - you never quite know what he is up to because he is like a chameleon changing color to fit the world around him....I do think Eugene takes care of Eugene 1st and foremost.       

Honored Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Eugene is a suvivor who will do anything to survive.....some see him as cowardly...others see him as a guy doing what he needs to do to survive.....I'm not sure if he is with Negan because he is a turncoat or because he is spying.....that's what I like about Eugene's character - you never quite know what he is up to because he is like a chameleon changing color to fit the world around him....I do think Eugene takes care of Eugene 1st and foremost.       

@straykatz @HappyDaze  I also think Eugene has a plan to eliminate Negan, and that's why he didn't leave with the girls, also he didn't want them to be killed, we will see. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

i agree

eugene needs to feel safe and needed...negan does that for him....he IS negan....sadly....

Rick and co are coming...i think eugene will snap out of it....also dont forget about those pills he made...they will return soon

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@straykatz wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@straykatz @HappyDaze  I also think Eugene has a plan to eliminate Negan, and that's why he didn't leave with the girls, also he didn't want them to be killed, we will see. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl @straykatz yes I guess we will see! I do see him as a coward because those that only think of themself first and foremost, at all cost, are cowards to me. But who knows, maybe he will have something up his sleeves! I thought perhaps he will make "blanks" in the supply of bullets so that they won't really have as many as they think they have so when the big fight comes, they will think they are all stocked up and then the reality will hit them when they try to shoot the others. Technically it would be dud bullets because blanks look totally different but you know what I mean. I think that would be cool and such a shock for the saviors! Probably not going to happen but that is what I'd do, lol! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I enjoy watching the series and have no problem keeping up with the characters or their roles.

This series is based on a comic book.  I am a big reader, so I know that some chapters are a bit boring to set the stage for the chapters ahead. 

This is not a a TV series that needs every episode to be exciting so people will watch.  This series builds up over several weeks.  It is well written and keeps me wanting to know what is next for the survivors... and so it continues.