Honored Contributor

Re: Walking Dead- 11/1/15 (Spoilers!!)

I've been to the Hearst castle- amazing! Although the family bugs me because  there is another Hearst castle in the sierra nevadas and they have grandfathered water rights and even during the drought years, they use their water freely and apparently use ALOT of water to keep the grounds green and thriving and the fountains filled, etc. It was disappointing to hear.

Monterey/pacific grove/ and Half Moon Bay are some of my most favorite places in the world. Lots of amazing memories there and just absolutely beautiul and relaxing.

Honored Contributor

I was surprised to hear Chris was a recovering alcohol (been sober for several years)! I could not believe he is 43- he looks like a baby, lol!

Super Contributor

I thought this was a fabulous episode.  So deep.  The walking dead is a show about the human psyche.  This episode epitomized it.    I'm surprised everyone is talking about Morgan.  I thought Eastmans character was so interesting and complex.  Great story.  I was also interested in finding out why Morgan was the way he was.  Its the human struggle....especially in the life and time of the  zombie apocolypse.  Is all life of value?  Is the Eastman/Morgan perception the way to peace?  Or is Rick and Carols way of thinking more appropriate in this way of living?  Carol is one bad a**!  Master manipulator.   Cooking casseroles and looking after baby Judith then turning around and  taking out the wolf clan nearly single handedly before the oven  timer goes off..  Morgan wouldnt kill anyone.  The "bad guys" he spared came back to cause worse damage.  I dont know.....Should we listen to the cheese maker????  Think I'd rather sit down and enjoy the casserole with Carl and Rick.  Hope Glenn shows up for dinner too.........We need you Glenn...... and hey......Glenn never killed anyone either.......If he had defended himself and killed Nicholas, we would had understood......and Glenn would be home for dinner.   Lesson learned

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@40nu20 I actually said I really liked Eastmann's character and wish he was going to be on the show more.  The fact that he was a psychologist (psychiatrist? Can't remember) made his character even more intesting to me than Morgan's character and I wish we could learn more about him and see how he might evolve over time.

ETA: I wanted to add that I was annoyed when I was watching TD and the actor who plays Morgan said even knowing what he knows now about the slaughter in Alexandria, he still wouldn't have killed the wolf. I think that is just absurd. ALL life is precious and the wolves murdered many many innocent people. I think it is odd to spare the life of someone who states they will kill anyone and everyone with no conscience (basically a pyschopath) at the expense of dozens of innocent people. Makes no sense and bothers me, actually.

Super Contributor

@HappyDaze.  Yes I agree that Eastmann is a good character but he would never have made it outside of his solitary world.  When he was fighting with Morgan and his picture fell of the wall and broke, he looked like he was going to lose it.  I have a feeling he worked hard at remaining so peaceful.  The dark side just under the skin perhaps?   Could you see him living in Alexandrea under the reign of Rick Grimes?  I'm not convinced.

Super Contributor

It was a good episode, even if I don't really care about Morgan!  Did anyone recognize Twisty (Eastman) from American Horror Story??  I wish we could have kept him around, terrific actor and alot of potential story line -- Morgan meh......

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you ladies that the Eastman character was very interesting (and, in my opinion, likeable). I would have liked for him to survive and join the group.  

Yes, kyreb, I knew he had played the clown in American Horror Story - Freak Show.  He was so creepy and scary in that show!!

Honored Contributor

@40nu20 wrote:

@HappyDaze.  Yes I agree that Eastmann is a good character but he would never have made it outside of his solitary world.  When he was fighting with Morgan and his picture fell of the wall and broke, he looked like he was going to lose it.  I have a feeling he worked hard at remaining so peaceful.  The dark side just under the skin perhaps?   Could you see him living in Alexandrea under the reign of Rick Grimes?  I'm not convinced.

@40nu20 actually THIS is why I thought it would have been interesting to see him survive and perhaps go to Alexandria. I was interesting in seeing how the group dynamic would change with him in it, especially with Rick.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

It's actually a 'Historical Landmark' located in Central South California.  Kind of - CA is a very long (N to S) state so there is a lot of area.  It's not up to the Bay Area or even Monterey Bay area but it's also nowhere near as far south as LA.  Smiley Happy

Anyway, it really is truly magnificent!   Smiley Happy   It is a fascinating tour IF one is into such things.

@Citrine1

Thank you for the information about Hardwick's fiancee.  He seems like a great person and I wish them both much happiness.

@chickenbutt 

I took the Hearst Castle tour some years ago and it's true, an unforgettable place to visit.  I remember the tour guide telling us that the Hearts used to supply even things like tennis clothes to their Hollywood guests.  And to swim in that glorious pool (photo below) immediately became one of my goals (never, of course, to be realized since it isn't allowed).

Sunday is almost here!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.