Honored Contributor

Re: Walking Dead- 11/1/15 (Spoilers!!)

@Longhorn Gal wrote:

Poor Tabitha. 

I know! Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

If last week's show focusing on Morgan had been a stand-alone movie (either tv or in theaters), I think it would have been well-received.  It held my interest completely throughout.   I think it's unfair to judge it based on expectations of seeing more about other characters.

I felt the "all life is precious" was meant more to refer to living people, such as the psychopath who killed his family.  He learned that even though he killed that man, it gave him no relief, and therefore he began his creed of all life being precious.  That was what I took away from the episode.

I think it refers to ALL life because this is the second time he mentioned it in regards to walkers too. It doesn't mean he won't ever kill walkers but if they aren't an immediate threat, he just walks on by them. I think they are all a threat or will be eventually, if not for him then for someone else living down the road. 

And I would never keep letting wolves go like he does. They have proven time and time again that they will continue to come back and try to kill everyone. Those people have NO humanity left and honestly aren't any better than the walkers. Actually  they are worse because they are human while the walkers can't help it- they are working on "instinct" (or whatever you call it) only since they are dead.

Honored Contributor

I think the producers like to mess with our heads, lol! I like that they keep us guessing.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/walking-dead-removed-redacted-credits-162600416.html

Honored Contributor

One other thing I just realized about The Walking Dead (in general) is that because so many are discussing it, community is being built.  The community might be small (one office mate to another) or larger (forums on a whole dedicated website), and so on.  But no matter the size, the fact that the producers and writers are so careful in what and when and how episodes and ideas are presented, we became invested and we love sharing it with others.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

One other thing I just realized about The Walking Dead (in general) is that because so many are discussing it, community is being built.  The community might be small (one office mate to another) or larger (forums on a whole dedicated website), and so on.  But no matter the size, the fact that the producers and writers are so careful in what and when and how episodes and ideas are presented, we became invested and we love sharing it with others.

Agreed and great post! For the most part, it has been fun. I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and speculations. My husband and always talk about the episode after we watch it. We always make it a fun night with popcorn. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach

I really agreed with what you had to write about in your second paragraph. 

The Dr. found no relief, in watching the man who had killed his entire family starve to death.

Frequent Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

It's funny how a show about something as ridiculous as zombies can have such an impact.  They even have an hour show on afterwards dedicated to TWD.  It's a testament to everyone involved in the show. 

Speaking of the Talking Dead, I started watching it during last season.  Anyone else get a kick out of the "in memoriam" segement they do?  I just find it hilarious.   

Honored Contributor

@Longhorn Gal wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

It's funny how a show about something as ridiculous as zombies can have such an impact.  They even have an hour show on afterwards dedicated to TWD.  It's a testament to everyone involved in the show. 

Speaking of the Talking Dead, I started watching it during last season.  Anyone else get a kick out of the "in memoriam" segement they do?  I just find it hilarious.   

LOL yeah, I do! They have somem great names, lol! I don't know how long they've been doing the Talking Dead but we started watching it at the beginning of last season and we really enjoy it. I like the behind the scenes info and the interview with the actors too. I think it is a fun and entertaining show. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Longhorn Gal wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

In memoriam is my favorite part...i also like the little quiz...lets me know if I was paying attention to the details or not.  

Frequent Contributor

@straykatz, @HappyDaze

I think Chris said next year he is hosting one for Fear TWD also.  Maybe they will call it Fear the Talking Dead, ha!