Esteemed Contributor

Wacky movie that you remember

[ Edited ]

Recently,  watched " Raising Arizona " movie from 1987 . I remember the 1st time , I watched this movie  . I thought it was  a wacky funny movie. I laughed  and laughed. My Husband and  I giggle  when we think of this movie. My favorite scene is when the Husband , Nicholas Cage   drops the pampers  and  has to go back to pick them up .

Honored Contributor

Re: Wacky movie that you remember

Caddyshack , Arthur and the Jerk still make me laugh.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The two that come to mind for me are My Cousin Vinny and Kangaroo Jack.

Esteemed Contributor

Johnny Dangerously....1984.......so funny!

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Recently,  watched " Raising Arizona " movie from 1987 . I remember the 1st time , I watched this movie  . I thought it was  a wacky funny movie. I laughed  and laughed. My Husband and  I giggle  when we think of this movie. My favorite scene is when the Husband , Nicholas Cage   drops the pampers  and  has to go back to pick them up .

@skatting44  That is definitely a wacky movie.

Any Marx Bros film esp Duck Soup.

But my favorite wacky movie of all time is The Grand Budapest Hotel. I thought within the first few moments that (1) it was going to be really wacky and (2) I was going to love it ( I do!)

Esteemed Contributor

Made before most of us were born, "Way Out West" and "Sons of the Desert." They were Laurel and Hardy films.

Trusted Contributor

"Victor, Victoria", "Jumping Jack Flash", "Goodbye, Charlie" and the remake "Switch", "Blazing Saddles", "High Anxiety". Too many to list!

Esteemed Contributor

"Airplane" and "Young Frankenstein." 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

And the winner is ....

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World ... 1963 .... absolutely hysterical!  (I'm sitting here laughing just thinking about the film!)

Cast included Milton Berle, Buddy Hackett, Sid Caesr, Phil Silvers, Jonathan Wintersm, Ethel Merman,  Mickey Rooney, and a lot of other very funny people!

Runner up:  Blazing Saddles

Esteemed Contributor

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother (Gene Wilder and Marty Feldman, 1975).