Honored Contributor

Re: ***WOW*** Walking Dead Mid-Season Finale **SPOILERS**

@software  I did not state facts, just my opinion, so what you said is not true.

I have a daughter in college so I know whereof I speak.

I am done with this.

Honored Contributor

Saying someone is "off to college" is not an opinion.

Sorry if I was too curt.

@mousiegirl wrote:

@software  I did not state facts, just my opinion, so what you said is not true.

I have a daughter in college so I know whereof I speak.

I am done with this.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Karie2022 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@NCbeach wrote:

I was very surprised they killed him off as well. I don't read the comics, but according to some other boards, he plays a big part in the future. I just hope Andrew Lincoln doesn't leave next. In the interview with Chandler, he says that Andrew misses his family.

I don't read the comics either and I was spoiler free going into last night's episode so it came as a pretty big shock. 

Yeah, Carl (in the comics) has a big part in an upcoming story. I guess they'll just give his storyline to another character.

As far as Andrew Lincoln, I figured he (and Chandler Riggs) would be with the show until the very end. But after 8 years and missing his family......? It was confirmed by either Kirkman or Gimple that Rick WOULD NOT make it until the end of the series. I can't imagine the show without Rick.

Totally agree, Rick is the show, he has been from episode 1, if he leaves I’m done..I havent been crazy about where the writers have taken the past few seasons, I really thought Carl would be the last man standing perhaps with Enid and Judith as they carry on into the new world...I guess I was wrong....when I thought Chandler was leaving on his own terms to attend school I was ok with that, but to learn he didn’t want to leave really stinks...bad move Kirkman/Gimple🙄

@Karie2022  Where did you hear he didn't want to leave?  I don't know how he could stay in the show while going to college, with all of the school work, no time for a series.  Last night it was mentioned that he has a mohawk hair style now, lol, so he cut his hair.

@mousiegirl..... in one of the links that I provided in the original post, Chandler was interviewed and HE said that it was NOT his decision to leave the show. At least in the last quote it sounds like he's trying to look at the future and make the best of his leaving the show.

His quotes:

"I'm taking a gap year right now to focus on acting for a while. Leaving Walking Dead wasn't my decision."

"I was planning on going to college until I found out. I found out when I was doing rehearsals for episode six back in June. It was quite the shocker for me, Andy and everyone because I don't think anyone saw it coming."

"It was devastating for me and my family because the show has been such a huge part of my life for so long. For a few days, we didn't know what to do; I just bought a house in Senoia [near where the show films in Georgia]. That was a big deal that I wouldn't be on anymore. I decided that I wanted to not go to college for at least a year and move to L.A. and focus on acting and music. It ended up being a great thing because now I get to do all kinds of other stuff that I haven't been able to do in the last eight years"

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Karie2022 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@NCbeach wrote:

I was very surprised they killed him off as well. I don't read the comics, but according to some other boards, he plays a big part in the future. I just hope Andrew Lincoln doesn't leave next. In the interview with Chandler, he says that Andrew misses his family.

I don't read the comics either and I was spoiler free going into last night's episode so it came as a pretty big shock. 

Yeah, Carl (in the comics) has a big part in an upcoming story. I guess they'll just give his storyline to another character.

As far as Andrew Lincoln, I figured he (and Chandler Riggs) would be with the show until the very end. But after 8 years and missing his family......? It was confirmed by either Kirkman or Gimple that Rick WOULD NOT make it until the end of the series. I can't imagine the show without Rick.

Totally agree, Rick is the show, he has been from episode 1, if he leaves I’m done..I havent been crazy about where the writers have taken the past few seasons, I really thought Carl would be the last man standing perhaps with Enid and Judith as they carry on into the new world...I guess I was wrong....when I thought Chandler was leaving on his own terms to attend school I was ok with that, but to learn he didn’t want to leave really stinks...bad move Kirkman/Gimple🙄

@Karie2022  Where did you hear he didn't want to leave?  I don't know how he could stay in the show while going to college, with all of the school work, no time for a series.  Last night it was mentioned that he has a mohawk hair style now, lol, so he cut his hair.

Mousiegirl...I read it last night and this am on other boards...I guess he bought a house in Atlanta where they film and was going to try to attend college while filming and hiatus...I also heard that he found out last June that he’d be written off the show..not sure if it’s true but read it on more than one site, who knows...he’ll be missed

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

Just some random thoughts.....

Negan has long overstayed his welcome. He talks too much, leans backward too much and isn't all that threatening. Now Simon.....that guy is seriously scary.

Anytime I've seen Kirkman on the Talking Dead he comes off as an arrogant ******hat. He thinks way too highly of himself.

Too many of the fight scenes take place at night where I can't see what's going on.

Eugene needs to go. Like yesterday. Never liked the character and most of the time I can barely make out what he's saying. He talks like he has a mouth full of marbles.

If you missed the show, or want to watch it again, AMC is airing it on Friday December 15 at 11pm and Saturday December 16 at 12:27am.

Chandler's father is not too happy with his son getting fired.

http://www.eonline.com/news/899446/the-walking-dead-star-chandler-riggs-father-slams-showrunner-scot...

And on a different site, I read a comment that just about sums up the show these days. In essence it said that it was a good thing that Rick and the gang ended up in the sewer since the show has been circling the drain for awhile.

Honored Contributor

Because it was the season finale and sometimes a main character dies at this point, I had a feeling that it would be Carl.  He, like Glenn, seemed to have many close calls and near misses. He also takes too many chances and is not careful. With that type of lifestyle, I am amazed he lived as long as he did.

When I saw the opening scene of him writing a letter to his dad, I knew then that he was toast.

i also think Eugene will be gone soon.  I thought last night was going to be the end for him, but I guess he’ll make it to the next season.

Chandler Riggs had a seven year contract for this show. His contract is over. And it wasn’t renewed.  I don’t think the show or Gimple did anything wrong.  Gimple has made it very clear that no one is immune and all the characters can and will die off.

I am getting tired of Negan.  There were many missed opportunities to kill him already.  I hope the story changes direction soon.  It’s getting to be the same old, same old.  

Gimple said we would find out what happened to Heath...so, where is he already?

And, no baby bump for Maggie?  

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Because it was the season finale and sometimes a main character dies at this point, I had a feeling that it would be Carl.  He, like Glenn, seemed to have many close calls and near misses. He also takes too many chances and is not careful. With that type of lifestyle, I am amazed he lived as long as he did.

When I saw the opening scene of him writing a letter to his dad, I knew then that he was toast.

i also think Eugene will be gone soon.  I thought last night was going to be the end for him, but I guess he’ll make it to the next season.

Chandler Riggs had a seven year contract for this show. His contract is over. And it wasn’t renewed.  I don’t think the show or Gimple did anything wrong.  Gimple has made it very clear that no one is immune and all the characters can and will die off.

I am getting tired of Negan.  There were many missed opportunities to kill him already.  I hope the story changes direction soon.  It’s getting to be the same old, same old.  

Gimple said we would find out what happened to Heath...so, where is he already?

And, no baby bump for Maggie?  

True, none of the characters are immune to getting killed off, but in Chandler's case Gimple stated he wanted Chandler on the show for the next 3 years and then ultimately fired him. That's coming from Chandler's father who was asked what he thought about his son's firing. (I provided the link above) Chandler was given very little notice that his character was being killed off. I think in the past the actors had a little more warning when their characters were meeting their demise.

I read somewhere that the timeline for the first 8 episodes of this season takes place in just a two week time span. Overall, I'm guessing that since we first met Negan maybe 4-6 has passed. So I guess Maggie will be pregnant through season 25, LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

Just some random thoughts.....

Negan has long overstayed his welcome. He talks too much, leans backward too much and isn't all that threatening. Now Simon.....that guy is seriously scary.

Anytime I've seen Kirkman on the Talking Dead he comes off as an arrogant ******hat. He thinks way too highly of himself.

Too many of the fight scenes take place at night where I can't see what's going on.

Eugene needs to go. Like yesterday. Never liked the character and most of the time I can barely make out what he's saying. He talks like he has a mouth full of marbles.

If you missed the show, or want to watch it again, AMC is airing it on Friday December 15 at 11pm and Saturday December 16 at 12:27am.

Chandler's father is not too happy with his son getting fired.

http://www.eonline.com/news/899446/the-walking-dead-star-chandler-riggs-father-slams-showrunner-scot...

And on a different site, I read a comment that just about sums up the show these days. In essence it said that it was a good thing that Rick and the gang ended up in the sewer since the show has been circling the drain for awhile.

@lmt  LOL, agree with the other site.

Occasional Contributor

Lol. I can't stand Gimple. I think he has a very high opinion of himself. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I stopped watching this show the minute Glenn was killed; didn't even finish the episode because I was so distraught and mad that my favorite character was gone.  LOL  I do, however, still enjoy reading these various comments from time to time.

@mousiegirl I had to laugh at your remark in post #14 where you said you wouldn't miss Rick.  Hahahaha  I started feeling that way a couple of seasons ago and, even though he is the main character, I would have rather him been killed off than Glenn.  Woman LOL