Honored Contributor

Re: ***WOW*** Walking Dead Mid-Season Finale **SPOILERS**

I've been a fan of the comics since they debuted and the show is simply losing interest me. I've also begun to not really care for Kirkman as he is the final word on the content of the show. But like everything in this world, it's about the MONEY.

Kirkman sold out. That's it. You can do anything now in the show because the MAIN character (and yes, Carl IS a main character in the comics, I mean MAIN) is gone and the storyline can be altered any way you want. Aliens? Sure, why not. Habitat on the moon? Sure. Operation N.O.A.H.? Yep, sounds about right. I mean...yeah. The show jumped the shark.

On a different note. I think it's REALLY scummy that they kill people off with NO respect for their personal lives ie: buying a home. That's money the actor and his family just threw away. Yes, he can resell but he will he recoup it all? Probably not, plus the hassle of it. He is not the first actor who went to settlement on a new home in the area to find out DAYS later, oh, you're dead in 2 episodes. Sorrynotsorry. A few have gone public and have stated they won't work with Gimple again because of his "I don't give F%$*" attitude regarding families and their lives.

Can't blame them.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmt wrote:

@NCbeach wrote:

I was very surprised they killed him off as well. I don't read the comics, but according to some other boards, he plays a big part in the future. I just hope Andrew Lincoln doesn't leave next. In the interview with Chandler, he says that Andrew misses his family.

I don't read the comics either and I was spoiler free going into last night's episode so it came as a pretty big shock. 

Yeah, Carl (in the comics) has a big part in an upcoming story. I guess they'll just give his storyline to another character.

As far as Andrew Lincoln, I figured he (and Chandler Riggs) would be with the show until the very end. But after 8 years and missing his family......? It was confirmed by either Kirkman or Gimple that Rick WOULD NOT make it until the end of the series. I can't imagine the show without Rick.

Totally agree, Rick is the show, he has been from episode 1, if he leaves I’m done..I havent been crazy about where the writers have taken the past few seasons, I really thought Carl would be the last man standing perhaps with Enid and Judith as they carry on into the new world...I guess I was wrong....when I thought Chandler was leaving on his own terms to attend school I was ok with that, but to learn he didn’t want to leave really stinks...bad move Kirkman/Gimple🙄

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't care for the direction of this season. I did like the interaction between Negan and Gabriel as well as last night between Carl and Negan. Otherwise I was not impressed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night wasn't such a shocker after all as many had already predicted the outcome.  I don't remember Carl being bitten and think it is a bit phony as he had fought off walkers most of his life so why, all of a sudden,  wasn't he able to protect himself against them?  I did not see this happen, but did see the scene.

I think it would have been more realistic if he had been shot or if something from the building explosions had injured him in such a way that he wouldn't recover, but would linger a bit as is now happening.

Aside from this, I was somewhat disgusted with the episode last night, same old, same old, am really not so entertained with the Negan storyline anymore, it is now repeating, but trust that during the rest of the season, maybe even the first episode of it, he will be done away with.

MIchone looked distraught seeing Carl, so wonder if she will lose it somehow and that will be her exit.  I don't even remember ever seeing Neal, so will have to look him up, but glad it was he and not someone else in the car, though Jesus is getting on my last nerve, lol.

I wouldn't miss Rick, he is always off getting himself into trouble, not a great leader.  I can see Carol becoming the leader, has more sense and is always saving people, Carol to the rescue I say.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@software wrote:

There were a lot of rumors that Carl got bit in that scene, he was so bloody when he stood up, then his entire demeanor changed from the little serial killer to wanting "more than hope" for the future of the new world.

It's been rumored that Chandler's dad was not happy about how abruptly his son was fired, but Gimple has done this before with other actors.

The character of Carl was always pivotal to the future, not so much Carl himself but as a symbol of growing up fast, being pro-active, being a survivor.   

How did we go from Carl standing up to Negan, more than once, to a guy concerned about "hope"?

I'm not that invested in Carl but Rick is.    Does this mean Rick won't survive?   I love the actors, the crew works so hard to make everything so realistic, their is such a great investment of the "walkers" and the stunt crew.   If I didn't love all this, I would have stopped watching 2 seasons ago.    TWD needs a new showrunner.    They need Darabont and Kirkman back.

If you watch the scene in the link from my above post, you can see the walker's head lean down to Carl and then bring his head back up. Makes no sense though. A walker wouldn't just take a bite, stop and bring his body up again. He would've ripped a chunk out of Carl's side. Looking at the bite mark last night, it looks all wrong to me. I guess the show runners don't think the audience notices these little things.

I would be a little more than upset to find out my character was being killed off with almost no notice. Makes me think they did it for a ratings grab.

I don't get too caught up in details.

Do you remember when Andrea put herself down with a revolver?

You hear a clink on the floor.

Revolvers don't eject casings.

The writers do whatever they want for effect.   I've been emotionally jerked around way too much to get too excited about what they did to Carl.    I think it was a bad move however it happened.

@software  He is going to college, enough of this show for him, he has to have a life. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@NCbeach wrote:

I was very surprised they killed him off as well. I don't read the comics, but according to some other boards, he plays a big part in the future. I just hope Andrew Lincoln doesn't leave next. In the interview with Chandler, he says that Andrew misses his family.

I don't read the comics either and I was spoiler free going into last night's episode so it came as a pretty big shock. 

Yeah, Carl (in the comics) has a big part in an upcoming story. I guess they'll just give his storyline to another character.

As far as Andrew Lincoln, I figured he (and Chandler Riggs) would be with the show until the very end. But after 8 years and missing his family......? It was confirmed by either Kirkman or Gimple that Rick WOULD NOT make it until the end of the series. I can't imagine the show without Rick.

Totally agree, Rick is the show, he has been from episode 1, if he leaves I’m done..I havent been crazy about where the writers have taken the past few seasons, I really thought Carl would be the last man standing perhaps with Enid and Judith as they carry on into the new world...I guess I was wrong....when I thought Chandler was leaving on his own terms to attend school I was ok with that, but to learn he didn’t want to leave really stinks...bad move Kirkman/Gimple🙄

@Karie2022  Where did you hear he didn't want to leave?  I don't know how he could stay in the show while going to college, with all of the school work, no time for a series.  Last night it was mentioned that he has a mohawk hair style now, lol, so he cut his hair.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@software wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@software wrote:

There were a lot of rumors that Carl got bit in that scene, he was so bloody when he stood up, then his entire demeanor changed from the little serial killer to wanting "more than hope" for the future of the new world.

It's been rumored that Chandler's dad was not happy about how abruptly his son was fired, but Gimple has done this before with other actors.

The character of Carl was always pivotal to the future, not so much Carl himself but as a symbol of growing up fast, being pro-active, being a survivor.   

How did we go from Carl standing up to Negan, more than once, to a guy concerned about "hope"?

I'm not that invested in Carl but Rick is.    Does this mean Rick won't survive?   I love the actors, the crew works so hard to make everything so realistic, their is such a great investment of the "walkers" and the stunt crew.   If I didn't love all this, I would have stopped watching 2 seasons ago.    TWD needs a new showrunner.    They need Darabont and Kirkman back.

If you watch the scene in the link from my above post, you can see the walker's head lean down to Carl and then bring his head back up. Makes no sense though. A walker wouldn't just take a bite, stop and bring his body up again. He would've ripped a chunk out of Carl's side. Looking at the bite mark last night, it looks all wrong to me. I guess the show runners don't think the audience notices these little things.

I would be a little more than upset to find out my character was being killed off with almost no notice. Makes me think they did it for a ratings grab.

I don't get too caught up in details.

Do you remember when Andrea put herself down with a revolver?

You hear a clink on the floor.

Revolvers don't eject casings.

The writers do whatever they want for effect.   I've been emotionally jerked around way too much to get too excited about what they did to Carl.    I think it was a bad move however it happened.

@software  He is going to college, enough of this show for him, he has to have a life. Smiley Happy

He could have done both, there are many colleges in GA

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Karie2022 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@NCbeach wrote:

@Karie2022  Where did you hear he didn't want to leave?  I don't know how he could stay in the show while going to college, with all of the school work, no time for a series.  Last night it was mentioned that he has a mohawk hair style now, lol, so he cut his hair.

Where did YOU get that he can't go to college and keep up his character on TWD??

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Karie2022 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@NCbeach wrote:

Where did YOU get that he can't go to college and keep up his character on TWD??

@software  No need for shouting, I just asked a simple question.  I happen to know that Freshman's have to take certain classes and they are a lot, so unless he is superman, it wouldn't be possible to devote his attention to both, and obviously the writers, etc. thought so too, enough said.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@software wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Karie2022 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@NCbeach wrote:

@software  No need for shouting, I just asked a simple question.  I happen to know that Freshman's have to take certain classes and they are a lot, so unless he is superman, it wouldn't be possible to devote his attention to both, and obviously the writers, etc. thought so too, enough said.

You didn't ask.

You were speaking like it was fact, not once but in multiple posts.

Fact is, most college classes are online.

And in recent interviews, Chandler Riggs stated he just purchased a house in Senoia, GA and was willing to put off his freshman year for his career.    

Those are facts.   I hate he lost his job and we lost his beloved character but I wish him the best in the future, hope he goes on to bigger and better things.