Honored Contributor

Re: ***WOW*** Walking Dead Mid-Season Finale **SPOILERS**

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Cakers3

In defense of JDM as an actor, he's playing the script he is handed.

He's playing it to the T

And the character in the comics is the same as the series

The eeny meeny miney moe, the childish songs one minute,  the brutal behavior the next.

Personally, I miss an episode without Negan.

His quotes are priceless.

Do you remember the first time he saw Fr. Gabriel??

He's got some great dialog.

We know this is the story of Rick Grimes and I can only hope Rick comes out on top.   If I thought for a moment that Negan will prevail, I'd be even more depressed than I am now (thinking about Carl).

I know he is a hated character and for all the right reasons but I am loving the entertainment he delivers.   

@software   It's getting old.  They need to move that storyline along.

I get it-he is playing the script as written.  Holy canolli already.  LOL

I still don't think JDM is a good actor in anything-perhaps this explains my pov about him in a better light.

I see many comments that it's time to move Negan along-one way or another.

As I said earlier, I found his dialogue unnecessarily crude at times, and I'm no prude.

I find nothing worth saving in that storyline anymore; and while you appreciate this storyline others do not.  The writers stretched this out too far.

Everyone feels different about Negan and the direction of TWD overall.  It's not something I find worth bantering back and forth about.

jmoymmv 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@software wrote:

@Cakers3

He's playing it to the T

The eeny meeny miney moe, the childish songs one minute,  the brutal behavior the next.

We know this is the story of Rick Grimes and I can only hope Rick comes out on top.   If I thought for a moment that Negan will prevail, I'd be even more depressed than I am now (thinking about Carl).

I know he is a hated character and for all the right reasons but I am loving the entertainment he delivers.   

I still don't think JDM is a good actor in anything-perhaps this explains my pov about him in a better light.

As I said earlier, I found his dialogue unnecessarily crude at times, and I'm no prude.

I find nothing worth saving in that storyline anymore; and while you appreciate this storyline others do not.  The writers stretched this out too far.

Everyone feels different about Negan and the direction of TWD overall.  It's not something I find worth bantering back and forth about.

jmoymmv 

@Cakers3  I am watching a rerun of SVU season 7 episode 22 "Influence," and guess who is on the witness stand, Normal Reedus, aka Daryl, younger and thinner, weren't we all.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@software wrote:

@Cakers3

He's playing it to the T

jmoymmv 

@Cakers3  I am watching a rerun of SVU season 7 episode 22 "Influence," and guess who is on the witness stand, Normal Reedus, aka Daryl, younger and thinner, weren't we all.

@mousiegirl  Yep.  Back when we had waistlines and estrogen.  LMAO!

Reedus was a model at one time, too, and still is on some covers.

Image result for norman reedus model

Related image

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@software wrote:

@Cakers3

He's playing it to the T

jmoymmv 

@mousiegirl  Yep.  Back when we had waistlines and estrogen.  LMAO!

Reedus was a model at one time, too, and still is on some covers.

Related image

@Cakers3  Interesting that he was a model.  I like his hair in the last picture best.  On SVU, his hair was almost exactly as it is in TWD.

Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

There were a lot of rumors that Carl got bit in that scene, he was so bloody when he stood up, then his entire demeanor changed from the little serial killer to wanting "more than hope" for the future of the new world.

It's been rumored that Chandler's dad was not happy about how abruptly his son was fired, but Gimple has done this before with other actors.

The character of Carl was always pivotal to the future, not so much Carl himself but as a symbol of growing up fast, being pro-active, being a survivor.   

How did we go from Carl standing up to Negan, more than once, to a guy concerned about "hope"?

I'm not that invested in Carl but Rick is.    Does this mean Rick won't survive?   I love the actors, the crew works so hard to make everything so realistic, their is such a great investment of the "walkers" and the stunt crew.   If I didn't love all this, I would have stopped watching 2 seasons ago.    TWD needs a new showrunner.    They need Darabont and Kirkman back.

Now I know where all the blood came from when Carl stood up after the tangle with the Walker.  I kept questioning it in my mind after watching that scene.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Citrine2 wrote:

I stopped watching this show the minute Glenn was killed; didn't even finish the episode because I was so distraught and mad that my favorite character was gone.  LOL  I do, however, still enjoy reading these various comments from time to time.

@mousiegirl I had to laugh at your remark in post #14 where you said you wouldn't miss Rick.  Hahahaha  I started feeling that way a couple of seasons ago and, even though he is the main character, I would have rather him been killed off than Glenn.  Woman LOL

@Citrine1

Same with me. I stopped watching when the Ginger and Glenn were killed. I just lost interest.  I absolutely did not like Negan.  I did start watching the show again from the beginning through Netflix. I am up to season 3. It was such a good show and then it all went to he** in my opinion. This is only the second time that I have looked at these threads since they killed off Glenn. I only looked this time, because I was reading a news article and they mentioned Carl being killed off. WTH....

Honored Contributor

From Forbes:

50,000 fans so far have petitioned for Scott Gimple to be fired for killing off Carl and demanding a return to TWD to follow the graphic novel more closely.

The fury outranks the killing of Glenn (which we all knew was coming).

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

From Forbes:

50,000 fans so far have petitioned for Scott Gimple to be fired for killing off Carl and demanding a return to TWD to follow the graphic novel more closely.

@Cakers3  Now that I hear this, I wonder if during the hiatus, they will write Carl back in as in maybe Carl is resistant to the infection that kills, and that could lead to Carl being the catalyst for the future with his blood being transfused into the infected or a serum developed with his blood, not a medical professional, lol, just my mind running amok.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

From Forbes:

@Cakers3  Now that I hear this, I wonder if during the hiatus, they will write Carl back in as in maybe Carl is resistant to the infection that kills, and that could lead to Carl being the catalyst for the future with his blood being transfused into the infected or a serum developed with his blood, not a medical professional, lol, just my mind running amok.

👏 APPLAUSE!! 👏 

Love this idea, @mousiegirl! Send it in, if you haven’t already. I don’t trust Gimble to deliver on anything half so hopeful. Shock-value seems to be his only forte. 

This series will have to wrap up eventually and I’d love a happy ending after so much death and suffering.