Respected Contributor

Ex-hubby of ‘RHONJ’s’ Dina Manzo hired hitman to attack her now-husband

Enlarge Image

The former hubby of ex-“Real Housewives of New Jersey’‘ star Dina Manzo was busted Tuesday for once hiring a Mafia hitman to assault her now-husband, the feds said.

Tommy Manzo of Franklin Lakes, NJ — who was married to Dina for about 11 years before the pair split in 2016 — recruited a member of the Lucchese crime family to knock around David Cantin in July 2015, according to an indictment out of US Attorney Craig Carpenito’s office.

Dina, who appeared in the first two seasons of Bravo’s “RHONJ” starting in 2009, and Cantin were dating at the time of the assault and married in May 2019.

Tommy allegedly repaid Mafia soldier John Perna of Cedar Grove for the assault by giving him a steep discount for his wedding reception the next month at a Paterson catering hall that Tommy co-owned.

Perna was able to hold a “lavish wedding reception at Manzo’s restaurant for a fraction of the price” — entertaining scores of Lucchese mobsters during the party, prosecutors said.

Tommy Manzo, 55, and Perna, 43, were both charged with committing a violent crime in aid of racketeering activity, as well as fraud and other raps.

Honored Contributor

Re: WOW! Dina Manzo of RHONJ!!!

Wow! Crazy......and Scary...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN  Anyone remember when Andy mentioned Caroline's father in law, Tiny and that he was found dead in the trunk of a car?  Caroline was very emphatic that her husband's family and The Brownstone were not Mafia connected.

Honored Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  Anyone remember when Andy mentioned Caroline's father in law, Tiny and that he was found dead in the trunk of a car?  Caroline was very emphatic that her husband's family and The Brownstone were not Mafia connected.

@Somertime  yea right Caroline. Of course that's what she will say. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dina and her now husband were brutally attacked another time several years ago. I assume this what they are speaking of. I don't believe anything Caroline says. I do recall her father in law being found deceased in the back of a car trunk.

Respected Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

Sounds like a death from natural causes to me.  I'm always hearing about people dying in the trunks of cars, naked, with their arms and legs wrapped.  In fact I thin it is the leading cause of death in America.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I just read another story about this and read Dina's ex initally told hit men to put a huge scar on Dina's husband's face. I guess it was later decided he needed to die. I also read that Caroline and Dina's dad died at the end of April. I believe that was right around when Tre's dad passed away.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember the story of Dina & Caroline's dad being found in the trunk. Um, natural causes, I don't think so.

Being a former Jersey Girl (but my heart is still there), I have been to Brownstone many times for different functions.

Also been to Cedar Grove which is a lovely area.

The things you miss when you move, lol.

Respected Contributor

Well, at least he's not swimmin w/the fishes.....Man Tongue

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I use to watch this show in the beginning.  I do remember Dina abruptly left the show and she and Caroline were not speaking.  Then a couple seasons later she was back and she was still off and on with ex husband.  I didn't know she met and married someone else.  How awful that her and her new husband were attacked.  Is the show still on.  I quit watching all the housewives shows.