Honored Contributor

For the 50th anniversary of the legendary Woodstock festival, organizers and attendees reminisce about one of the defining moments of the 1960's. 

PBS: Rock & Pop concerts, Documentaries 

Netflix 2019

Respected Contributor

Been there done that. I'm sure they didn't address the fact that they didn't prepare for it when it came to enough toilets, garbage cans. You couldn't buy food there and had to go into town which was a riot because it was impossible. Yes the music was great. No violence and everyone tried to help each other out. 

Respected Contributor

Yes JackieHN that was all explained.

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN wrote:

Been there done that. I'm sure they didn't address the fact that they didn't prepare for it when it came to enough toilets, garbage cans. You couldn't buy food there and had to go into town which was a riot because it was impossible. Yes the music was great. No violence and everyone tried to help each other out. 

DITTO!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I did enjoy watching it!  Even though I have heard so much of this many times, I am just in awe every time I see anything about it.  When they show the sea of people there, I can't believe it!  I am sure it was a mess --- the rain, the mud, the garbage, etc. -- but also was a momentous event --- and one which no matter what people say --- can never happen again!  No way!  And yes --- they were ill prepared and others had to step in --- medical supplies, food, etc. --- but others did step in --- and that is part of what made the whole thing a memorial once in a life-time event!!!  And the performers --- OMG!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@JackieHN 

Yes! Documentary highlights the lack of preparations. Ten yrs old lived in Upstate New York. Thought the film was excellent. Footage, Incredible!