Honored Contributor

WOMAN ON THE RUN WITH ANN SHERIDAN

[ Edited ]

I woke up at 1:00 am just when this was beginning, and became so interested that I watched it all, really enjoyed it.  It is set in San Francisco, with Playland at the Beach for the ending, brought back memories, the Laughing Lady was in it, do remember that.  I wonder what kids in SF do for entertainment now, as that was the place to go.

My favorite food there was a frozen chocolate covered banana on a stick.

Opened: 1913
Closed: 1972

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAenYDBPZjg

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: WOMAN ON THE RUN WITH ANN SHERIDAN

YES!! The chocolate covered banana!! And the Laughing Lady was nightmare material. Remember the Cliff House? Was it demolished or did it fall into the ocean? And the House of Mirrors. Such good memories. I miss the fog!! 

Honored Contributor

I love Ann Sheridan in this, @mousiegirl  along with hunky Dennis O'Keefe, and the location shooting in charming "old" San Francisco!

As a classic film buff, you might also be aware of another terrific film noir set in San Francisco.  It's "The House on Telegraph Hill",  with Richard Basehart, Valentina Cortese, and William Lundigan.  It's really good too!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I love Ann Sheridan in this, @mousiegirl  along with hunky Dennis O'Keefe, and the location shooting in charming "old" San Francisco!

As a classic film buff, you might also be aware of another terrific film noir set in San Francisco.  It's "The House on Telegraph Hill",  with Richard Basehart, Valentina Cortese, and William Lundigan.  It's really good too!

@Oznell   Yes, I bought The House on Telegraph Hill after viewing it, knew I would watch it throughout the years.  I got out of bed to buy A Woman on the Run on ebay, lol, know I will watch this again and again. 

I heard all of the movie, but only saw bits and pieces  because the tv in the bedroom is ancient, and blinks off and on, the blinks lasting much longer lately, so we bought a new tv and will try it out over the weekend.

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

YES!! The chocolate covered banana!! And the Laughing Lady was nightmare material. Remember the Cliff House? Was it demolished or did it fall into the ocean? And the House of Mirrors. Such good memories. I miss the fog!! 

@furbabylover   The Cliff House is still operating, I believe, check wikipedia for the history.  I remember viewing the Sea Lions from the hill there.  I hardly get to SF anymore, but spent much of my life there, off and on, worked, was schooled, played at the zoo and Playland, also the beach though never lived there.