Honored Contributor

WOMAN ON THE RUN, 1950, Friday noir on TCM

I'm looking forward to Woman on the Run tomorrow night on TCM (9 pm PST, midnight EST).

This is the first of this year's noirs that doesn't seem to have been repeated -- at least it's one I haven't seen recently.

Ann Sheridan stars as Frank Johnson's (Ross Elliot) wife, with whom she may be falling out of love.  She meets a reporter (Dennis O'Keefe) who offers her $1000 for the story of her husband escaping being shot by a gangster whom he witnessed shooting another man.

Filmed in San Francisco, with the amusement park scenes in Malibu, it's been said to be a well-paced film, released in a year in which a whole host of noir films were released.

And a cute dog, too!

Image result for woman on the run movie 1950

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: WOMAN ON THE RUN, 1950, Friday noir on TCM

This is a good one. Will be watching. Thanks
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I'm looking forward to Woman on the Run tomorrow night on TCM (9 pm PST, midnight EST).

This is the first of this year's noirs that doesn't seem to have been repeated -- at least it's one I haven't seen recently.

Ann Sheridan stars as Frank Johnson's (Ross Elliot) wife, with whom she may be falling out of love.  She meets a reporter (Dennis O'Keefe) who offers her $1000 for the story of her husband escaping being shot by a gangster whom he witnessed shooting another man.

Filmed in San Francisco, with the amusement park scenes in Malibu, it's been said to be a well-paced film, released in a year in which a whole host of noir films were released.

And a cute dog, too!

Image result for woman on the run movie 1950

Ohhhh, I love her coat! Or coat dress (?) And I've never seen her hair short-I like that, too. I'll be recording it. thanks

Honored Contributor

Another low-key noir with wonderfully engaging performers-- Ann Sheridan and Dennis O'Keefe.  The early scenes, where Ann has to disclose details of her less-than-ideal marriage to the skeptical police, are compelling, setting an atmospheric, uneasy tone for the rest of the film. 

Eddie seems to be back on track!

Honored Contributor

Did anyone catch it?  What did you think?

I really enjoyed it, in spite of the fact that I missed the first half hour, which was the part I especially wanted to see.

I LOVED how they took such good care of the dog.  He was treated as well as Asta would have been.  Right?  Right. . .  🐶

And did you catch Eddie's comments about Ann, who was known as the "It Girl," all covered up in her coat, and tied at the neck with a big-knotted scarf as well.  It was apparently all part of her effort to rekindle her career by focusing on her expressions rather than her figure.  I wish it had; she did a wonderful job.

Related image

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.