Respected Contributor

Re: WISDOM OF THE CROWD

[ Edited ]

I recorded the first episode and just watched it today.  I really liked it.  It is different and l love shows about technology.    There is a similar computer in Salvation, which I like too.   I need to watch episode 2 but baseball is on.

Honored Contributor

I think it's just a matter of time (I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet) that what happens on this show will be happening for real!

My friend says she doesn't think so because she thinks young people (well....young to me) don't pay much attention.  I told her they're glued to their phones and if they have something to zero in on....I can see it happening.

I thought this weeks episode was especially good.  It's getting on my nerves the way he's constantly looking at the same pictures, etc and trying to find who this guy is...

I'm willing (now) to overlook it because I enjoy the rest of the show.  I've always liked Jeremy Piven....

Honored Contributor

I liked it.  I like the idea of gathering and interpreting data. 

THere is a game show on ABC where the player can ask the audience for one answer.  It’s like that, the crowd is more likely to get the correct answer.

The other benefit is that there are so many eyes out there when looking for someone or something.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I think it's just a matter of time (I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet) that what happens on this show will be happening for real!

My friend says she doesn't think so because she thinks young people (well....young to me) don't pay much attention.  I told her they're glued to their phones and if they have something to zero in on....I can see it happening.

I thought this weeks episode was especially good.  It's getting on my nerves the way he's constantly looking at the same pictures, etc and trying to find who this guy is...

I'm willing (now) to overlook it because I enjoy the rest of the show.  I've always liked Jeremy Piven....

@Annabellethecat66

Re: constantly looking at the same photos, it’s called something like a picture board, often used by police to help them put clues together.

Respected Contributor

Have not seen it yet and not sure I will as is not My cup of Tea for relaxation BUT, It seems to me to be be akin to "The Running Man"  type story.  Remember the old sying " Big Brother is Watching?  Well it seems 'Big Brother" is US. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@MUNCHIE I know this is pushy and if you don't want to do it I sure understand.  However, I was wondering if you edited the title to include "Possible Spoilers" because I want to discuss it but don't want to upset people who (for whatever reason???) click on here but don't want to know about the show.

I love discussing the shows with everyone but I try to respect others.

Again, if you don't want  to change it, it's OK.  I just thought that way we wouldn't have to have two threads of the same show.

I know all about the "spoiler thing" but it is a pain in the neck to try to remember to click on it and it's just easier to just type without that thing.

@Annabellethecat66

Do people really do that?   I have yet to click on and read a thread about a show I don't want to know about.   Why would they do that?   Boredom?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Yes!  You'd be surprised!  Just yesterday someone complained about another texting an answer about a show and I responded similar to the text you referenced,

I am always saying I'd like to 'discuss' the show but if the topic doesn't say "Possible Spoilers" I won't go on it or a few times I've wondered if the original poster wanted to change it to 'possible spoilers'.  

I'll try to find the most recent posts I'm talking about since it was just last night.  I'm not good about finding things but I'll try.

Honored Contributor

@waterlily wrote:

@MUNCHIE, I love Jeremy Piven and really liked his new show last night, so different and so interesting.  Social media can be a hero after all.

@waterlily  Except when the wrong person is attacked.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Frequent Contributor

Hi to annabellethecat. ,, I am not too computer savy on this forum concerning pictures, or changing anything. If you can change my title , feel free to do so , I do not consider this pushy in any way. I know what you mean by having forums with the same name.

Also I do not know how to put the persons name, that I am replying to  in my reply. How is this done. If anyone has easy instructions how to do this I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Honored Contributor

I just read in the TV Guide, CBS announced that it was investigating star Jeremy Piven's alleged misconduct. then nixed the procedural. I liked this show, I don't think it's fair to the cast to cancel the show because of him, unless the show wasn't performing well.